Original topic:

Customer Service needs to be replaced by AI

(Topic created: 06-05-2024 12:25 PM)
AngryCustomer14
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I think, eventually, AI will advance enough so that we won't need customer service call representatives. Personally, I think some AI chatbots are more responsive than some of the members I've talked to in Samsung Customer Support. This change will save Samsung a LOT more money and also help them retain customers. I've talked to numerous people who left Samsung and never bought a product again due to how bad their customer service was. I think this will give Samsung an edge over the competition while also making customer's lives easier.

5 Replies
GrandpaGumpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
I'm quite certain that the chatbot would be programmed to follow the same predefined lists that the human staff do.
AngryCustomer14
Asteroid
Options

I do agree with that but at that point, itā€™s still saving Samsung money if they do the same job. These customer support folk are, quite frankly, terrible at their jobs.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Why on earth would you want to deal with AI customer/tech support?  At least with a live human (even one reading a script), there's a chance to make yourself better understood or for them to go off script, if they actually know something.

JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Exactly!
0 Likes
AngryCustomer14
Asteroid
Options

I spent a combined 24 hours trying to get my appliance repaired, which is covered under the warranty I bought. They placed me on hold until they closed. Then did the same the next day. I am posting off of frustration because I know Iā€™m not the only one dealing with this.