JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dark Mode Samsung apps

(Topic created: 12-21-2022 04:26 PM)
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Samsung can we please get individual dark mode support for your apps: Samsung Members, Galaxy App store, Galaxy Theme store, Samsung Notes, Good Lock, Samsung Music, Samsung Health, Shop Samsung, and Samsung Internet (because even if full phone dark mode is enabled some of these apps still don't use dark mode)? I enjoy reading/browsing at night and the bright white screens are too bright, even with the the screen dimmed. And if I dim the screen too much then I can't read. I think by adding dark mode it would help many ppl enjoy their devices even more. TIA.

EDIT: I have an s22 plus running Android 13/UI5. I know that you can force dark mode in developer options, (I tried it) for the apps but it only works if you're using full device dark mode. I want to be able to use dark mode for apps individually as I use light themes often. And when I use a dark theme I'd like for the Samsung apps to be in dark theme as well. 

8 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
One of the reasons I use the Samsung Internet browser is its system-wide dark mode.
Puti
Comet
Options
Its dark mode should natively apply to all Samsung apps, as you can see from my screenshotScreenshot_20221219_092514_Samsung Members_1000004947_1671459914.jpg
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
The difference is that on devices running pre android 10, dark mode isn't a native feature and without individual app toggles apps are stuck in light mode. This is a good feature request.
Puti
Comet
Options
Also notice she didn't specify what device she has, my answer would be assuming she has a recentish phone, mine is the s20 and I know dark mode was available in my s8.
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
I have some older Samsung devices that I use Samsung services on still and dark mode isn't supporter on them. I've switch to using Google apps on them since they support dark mode toggles. Not everyone gets new devices and gets rid of their old ones
Options
Yes thank you. That's what I'm wanting for a future feature. To have an individual toggle of dark mode for individual Samsung apps.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Just enable 'Force Dark' mode in developer option & system dark mode from control panel. Its a must for me because I have poor eyesight! Screenshot_20221219_101451_Nova7.jpgScreenshot_20221219_101425_Settings.jpg
0 Likes