JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does anyone know if Samsung messages going to get updated to keep up with Google Messages?

(Topic created: 05-27-2024 04:44 PM)
JayyyTeee
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anyone know if Samsung messages going to get updated to keep up with Google Messages. Does anyone know if Samsung Messages going to get reactions to a message like Google Messages? 

14 Replies
Options
I am not 100% sure, but I have been reading articles that say that it is supposed to.
0 Likes
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
No they are not. It is being slowly phased out. Google messages will be the default going forward.
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Everyone keep saying this but I haven't seen samsung mention anything about phasing out samsung messages at all and when I asked them they said that's not true
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Samsung has said the default is Google messages. In some regions the last update allowed users to remove messages or if you FR the device it will no longer be on the phone and you can't install it. Carriers are all switching to Jibe and having Google messages as default as well. Unless Google opens up Jibe which they are not doing Samsung messages will only have sms/mms capabilities.
You ask Samsung low level service reps who will NEVER know what is happening until after it has happened.
JayyyTeee
Halo
Options
What is Jibe? Is it a new Messaging Service?
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Yes, it's Google's RCS servers. Carriers are dropping their servers.
0 Likes
JayyyTeee
Halo
Options
Oh ok. Why would Carriers be dropping Googles servers if Google Messages if you can make Google Messages a default? I haven't heard any rumors about this.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
It's not a rumor. Carriers have already expressed this publicly. A lot of people have problems with interloping and blame carriers for it. Their customers keep saying just switch to Jibe. Maybe the problem was Googles interlope and not the carriers, but that didn't matter.

Here in the US for example
https://9to5google.com/2024/02/01/verizon-rcs-google-jibe/#:~:text=Following%20AT%26T%20and%20T%2DMo....

If you search you'll other countries as well switching to Jibe. Some already switched and Samsung Messages is also no longer available in those countries.
0 Likes
JayyyTeee
Halo
Options
Oh ok I just pulled up that website. Thanks. It didn't say when they were going to make that switch though. I have AT&T, so I guess I'll have to do some more research. I appreciate the info.
0 Likes