JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Double click lock button option for Samsung wallet/cards?

(Topic created: 09-03-2023 02:35 PM)
JerryBerry
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

IPhone has the feature, but Samsung is very limited. Is there a way to assign my Samsung wallet/cards using the double click lock button on the right side? The only options they have are to slide up from the home screen, lock screen, or when the screen is off. This is a huge hassle considering I have to use either or instead if double clicking the side for convenience. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Hey I have what I believe will be great news. If you download "Good lock" and Registar app - you can customize the side key with "long hold" where you press and hold the side key - then select "open app" and Samsung wallet is an option. Please give it a try and let me know if that's an acceptable solution for you.

View solution in context

22 Replies
LionessLove
Astronaut
Options
Nope not that I have ever heard of and I am an old iPhone user. I just stick with android now that I'm used to it because Apple is nice and all but switching to android made me feel like I just got out of a lock down prison or something. Apple is seriously only for the ones onto all the security features. I can actually save music to my phone without all the mumbo jumbo. I hope you find this helpful but I seriously don't know of any way to do it.
0 Likes
LionessLove
Astronaut
Options
That's the only way I know of to do it. Which it seems you already know how to do.
0 Likes
mermaid_89
Halo
Options
If it's the flip you scroll up on the cover screen while on and the card pops up also on the lock screen swipe up and it should pop up.
Options
Samsung allows third party apps so that users can customize their phones exactly how they want.
Although the Samsung Wallet isn't listed in the list of apps that you can assign to the side key (the power button. I have my flashlight assigned, which is very handy), there are countless free apps that allow you to do this. I had one that allowed me to assign one app for tapping the power button once, another app for holding it down, and another for double tapping it. The same went for my volume keys. The combinations were endless.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
I'm somewhat curious how one swipe could be perceived as a "huge hassle"? lol 😅
requa
Comet
Options

For me, it is not a matter of being a huge hassle. It is more a matter of the Samsung Pay swipe action conflicting with the navigation bar swipe functionality. When I have Samsung Pay as my contactless payment method, I essentially lose the option of navigation gestures.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
That's somewhat strange. I have been using Nova Launcher Pro on all of my phones for years. There used to be an issue with the new navigation gesture compatibility, but I've never had a problem with gestures interfering with Samsung Pay/Wallet.
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
I actually had the opposite in mind. I just meant that swiping up triggers Samsung Pay, so I found never get the hang of gesturing for Home. Maybe I just need practice.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes