JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Double click lock button option for Samsung wallet/cards?

(Topic created: 09-04-2023 12:04 PM)
JerryBerry
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

IPhone has the feature, but Samsung is very limited. Is there a way to assign my Samsung wallet/cards using the double click lock button on the right side? The only options they have are to slide up from the home screen, lock screen, or when the screen is off. This is a huge hassle considering I have to use either or instead if double clicking the side for convenience. 

19 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
That's the great thing about Android (specifically Samsung) as opposed to iPhone though; the possibilities are nearly endless. 🙂
JerryBerry
Cosmic Ray
Options
I wish they can fix that. Thats one of the few things I'd like to have to make it just more practical than swiping on my screen. I accidentally open Samsung wallet a lot when I'm on my lock screen. But because they give you few options, it's hard maneuver around it.
VerbumVeritum
Options
I would argue it's just something to become accustomed to, rather than something to fix. You're right, that the option should at least be there. I'm willing to bet that native side-key functionality for Samsung Wallet may be added in a future update!
Solution
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Hey I have what I believe will be great news. If you download "Good lock" and Registar app - you can customize the side key with "long hold" where you press and hold the side key - then select "open app" and Samsung wallet is an option. Please give it a try and let me know if that's an acceptable solution for you.
requa
Comet
Options

I'll give this a try as well. The only shortcoming I see is that I can only bring up the Samsung Wallet as a list of all registered cards, not as focused on the default card as is the case with the swipe action. Is there a workaround I'm missing?

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Nope, no workaround to bring up a default card through RegiStar yet. I don't see why this function can't be added though. Make sure to submit this request via an Error report in the Samsung Members app's Support tab.
requa
Comet
Options

👍done

Dan
requa
Comet
Options

I'm not sure I agree with native incorporation of Good Lock. I think it's important for the developers to have a testing ground (or playground) to experiment with new features before they roll out broadly. If Good Lock became native, users would reasonably expect it to be fully matured features and become upset when they don't work as expected. In the playground, I expect a few bumps and bruises.

Dan
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Here is a screen shot. In Good lock select the "life" side at the bottom right....Screenshot_20230904_140246_Good Lock.jpg
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Thank you for posting this Question @JerryBerry, your digging caused me to find the solution and enable it for myself too! The swipe up was easy, but the long hold is super convenient!!