Original topic:

How can I find auto restart in settings running One UI 5?

(Topic created: 12-23-2022 07:08 PM)
_Ash_
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Where do I find the auto restart in settings.

Everything changed after one ui 5 

98 Replies
MarvinX
Comet
Options
I have the option to disable20221207_175316.jpg
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options

I appreciate that, @MarvinX . Disabling the Auto Optimization as you highlighted is the temporary workaround I have used, too. I like the idea of the phone restarting to clear whatever crud is bogging it down, but not if the restart itself causes the problems I encountered with the alarm clock apps. I suppose I can "program" myself to restart periodically, but automation is always welcome. 

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
MarvinX
Comet
Options
*#9900#

20221207_201643.jpg
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options

Thanks again. I just tried this Delete dumpstate/logcat process (not really knowing what that means) but with no change in the result. After doing this, I set an alarm in AMDroid then restarted and still got the Homecoming alarm sound with no dismiss buttons. I do appreciate the suggestion.

Dan
0 Likes
The Burg
Comet
Options
Well...no problems on my end either. S21+, carrier locked on Verizon. I have the A13 / OneUI5.0 update, the subsequent November update (came out today). I use Nova Launcher, the Motorola Command Center widget, and Google Clock. None of the operations of these three apps has been affected by the updates; in fact, I've experienced zero issues of any kind.

IMaybe uninstall Clock, reboot, and then reinstall on top of A13 might clear the problem? Good luck.
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options

Thanks, @The Burg . Google Clock works as expected for me, too (and I also am running Nova Launcher). What I am missing if I switch to Google Clock is some of the extra features I enjoy like automatic skipping of alarms on public holidays and a widget button to skip the next alarm occurrence. Yes, I want it all. 🙂

Dan

Dan
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options

For the record, color me quite amused. I posted this thread under the title "Rude Awakening with OneUI 5" thinking it was slightly clever and still relevant to the topic posted (unlike all of the posts I see titled "Galaxy S22 Ultra" or "Issues"). It appears a mod stepped in and changed the thread topic to "After One UI 5 have to choose between unscheduled automatic restart or use of preferred alarm app." I have no issue with the change and certainly agree that it is more thoroughly descriptive of my inquiry than my original "clever" subject. As I said, I am just amused and hope that one approach or the other will continue stirring a little discussion and possible resolution. I also submitted an inquiry to the developer of my preferred AMDroid app. I'll follow up if anything comes of that.

Dan
JDM_jesus
Astronaut
Options

The new update is cool and adds some cool features. That said there's alot of things I don't like, like the removal of the dedicated Bixby routines button and the auto restart feature not working properly.

Options
I don't see 😕 hardly any changes
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Most of the changes in android 13 and underlying changes that you won't notice but will feel. Smoother animations, enhanced privacy features, better theming support.
If you have something in particular you would like to see added, why don't you recommend it?
0 Likes