JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Individual and Group Text Message Notification sound

(Topic created: 04-23-2019 04:42 PM)
userc2DGyVIngH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I used to be able to use my Verizon Messanges + and was able to get sound notifications.  Now it doesn't work.  Not sure what happened or what update this changed.  When I chatted with Samsung support, they said I could only use the Messages app that came witht he phone.  It does give me sound when I receive new texts, but I don't like it.  I cannot change the background and cannot schedule messages.  

Any way to get Samsung to use other messaging apps that are able to play sounds for incoming texts and scheduling of texts.  Or any suggestions for texting apps that will sound with new  messages and able to schedule outgoing?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

@userc2DGyVIngH wrote:

I used to be able to use my Verizon Messanges + and was able to get sound notifications.  Now it doesn't work.  Not sure what happened or what update this changed.  When I chatted with Samsung support, they said I could only use the Messages app that came witht he phone.  It does give me sound when I receive new texts, but I don't like it.  I cannot change the background and cannot schedule messages.  

Any way to get Samsung to use other messaging apps that are able to play sounds for incoming texts and scheduling of texts.  Or any suggestions for texting apps that will sound with new  messages and able to schedule outgoing?

So far you can't change the background on text messages, and you can't assign individual custom tones to the individual,  you can with the message thread (which doesn't work)  but you can schedule outgoing messages. 

Compose your text message

Click the + sign,  left side

Click the 3 dots right side

See the icon that says schedule messages?  Click,  set and send  

0 Likes