Original topic:

Messages app crashing

(Topic created: 05-29-2024 12:04 AM)
Papyrus16
Pilot
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My Samsung Messages app keeps closing. I've restarted my phone multiple times. I've gone to Settings > App Settings > Messages > Storage and hit Clear cache and Clear data. When I do this, the space used for cache and data go down to 0, but then immediately go back up to the original storage amounts when I reopen Messages.

I found a previous conversation about Messages crashing in Dec 2023 and tried following the instructions but when I held down the power button and volume up with the phone turned off, the phone restarted as normal, even though I held them down until after the Samsung logo disappeared.

If I can't fix it, can I install a different app for

My Google storage is 94% full. Could that be connected?

2,577 Replies
usereWwiWtQIn9
Constellation
Options
This keeps happening to me too. Since the update
0 Likes
Navmn
Asteroid
Options

The Message App on Samsung is crashing after being opened. It seems very weird that everyone is having this sudden issue as of 6 hours ago, or so. I haven't done an update since 8 July 2023 due to not having backed up and being weary of the updates. So it seems the issue implemented itself to people. 

I have tried clearing cache and other option to no resolve.

One fix ive found to be able to still message, is to open messages app, press the +new message icon on the bottom right straight away, then you can search the contact you want and type the message intended and it allows sending without crashing. 

So far just a workaround, not a fix. 

userQzLEBaMcgU
Constellation
Options
Thx
ChrisDc2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Go to Google Play Store -> Account -> Manage apps and device -> Manage, on the installed filter Find “Android Auto”, “Android AI Core” and potentially “Google Meet”select both then press trash icon, it will ask if you want to uninstall updates for the apps and click uninstall, now go to the messages app. Your issue is now resolved! Please share!
Narbot
Asteroid
Options

This isn't helpful when you rely on Google Meet & Android Auto.

Members_QXQUFSG
Constellation
Options

I got rid of meet without touching anroid auto and the messeges issue is resolved. If you use meet, I guess you could try to use google messages instead of samsung mesages? They used to be pretty seemless to switch between.

Niff47
Asteroid
Options
Will this delete all your messages you previously had?
0 Likes
Hellybobs
Constellation
Options

Thanks so much it worked

☝️☝️😀😀☝️☝️ 

pzych0
Constellation
Options

Wow, Im glad that Im not the only one experiencing this odd problem.
However just removing updates on google meet did the trick for me, I tried installing the updates again and the problem came right back, so I removed the google meet updates again and all again back to normal.
Hopefully they will fix this with another update asap.

BonnieD68
Constellation
Options

How do you remove the updates on Google meet?

0 Likes