Original topic:

My Files: move to Favorite folder

(Topic created: 09-10-2024 01:30 PM)
Brend9
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi all,

Since the latest software update, I'm unable to move files to my Favorite folders. Before, in My Files, if I selected a file and clicked Move, I could select a folder in the left hand panel of the app, which included the Favorite (starred) folders. Now, since the update, if I select a file and click Move, I get a pop-up to select a folder. This pop-up includes Internal storage, OneDrive, Google Drive and Network storage. However, Favorite folders seem not to be there. Going back closes the pop-up and undoes the Move action.

The problem is I have a Favorite folder in OneDrive nested 20 folders down. I am still able to move my files there, but now it takes 20 clicks each time. That's why I create the Favorite folder in the first place.

Anyone who can assist? It's a Fold6 phone.

Thanks!

9 Replies
LSVA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yep, they really messed files up. Completely blew it up! This is an unbelievable colossal mistake, and a giant leap backwards! I have invested a lot of time and money in the Samsung's echo system and this one change has me questioning their commitment to it. This feels like it worked to well the way it was and made the need for a PC less relevant, so they cut it out.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

OK, so if you have a Favorite folder, why is it buried multi-levels deep? Which is not to discount your indignation at the change in movement structure. Just saying, if I had a folder I wanted to keep my favorite stuff in, it would be a top-level folder.

0 Likes
useruBatYZ4U6m
Asteroid
Options
Let's say I like to store mp3's on my phone because my service can be spotty when I need to access music on the go, and I don't want to use my data for music streaming service.
I store my files in a music folder, by artist, then by album. I move a zip file containing an album to a folder. I extract to that folder (which is usually extracted to two more folders deep by artist and album again). Now to move the extracted files, I have to select my music folder, sort through hundreds of artists, the many albums to find the original al.um folder. What used to be a tap 2 folders back now is a ridiculous shuffle through hundreds of folders.
That's a pretty good reason why.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Ok. I inderstand, but wasnt it always that way? Foldets, subfolders, etc
0 Likes
Izurdea
Constellation
Options
Favorites are easier ways to manage which folders you are currently using. If some other days you changed what you need to easily access, you can't always move it on top level, specially if it has hundreds of files. I use it for transferring images for the current month with a folder specific to that month. Without Favorites I would need to transfer the folder on top level each month.
0 Likes
Tmym
Asteroid
Options
I have a similar complaint, I do not like the new pop up when moving files. It was so much easier and simpler before when it stored that you have a file(s) you're moving and just let you navigate to the location yourself. I could pick the folders I had favorite on the sidebar and get to it faster, or even hit the back button and go through previous folders I was in and moved it that way. Now I'm forced to manually go through internal storage and find the specific folder every single time I move something. It's annoying and inconvenient, they should have just left that features alone.
useruBatYZ4U6m
Asteroid
Options
New pop-up totally ruins any files moving experience for me. Made an already functional and reasonable navigation, a complete pain in the rear.
nmm_529_
Constellation
Options

Additionally - this pop-up menu will show if you are only trying to move an item into a subfolder. 

EXTREMELY INEFFICIENT 

(I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one having this issue)

Milady
Constellation
Options

The new pop up is as annoying as it is inefficient. They should at least give us Favorites as a move to location option, but it's just drives. I don't understand the logic of the change at all. 

0 Likes