JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification of Deletion of Data in Samsung Cloud

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 06:42 AM)
usedup
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Recieved an email "Notification of Deletion of Data in Samsung Cloud" saying my data would be deleted in a couple of days from the date of the email.

If this is not a scam then it sure is doing a good impression of one.

Does anyone know if it is real and, if so, what to do about it?

Roman837
Product Expert
Options

This is not a scam. What can happen is that if you used a different Samsung Account before getting this phone, it can refer to that old account. If you have a Samsung Account on your phone now and it is backing up, there is no need to worry. You can view this by going to settings, cloud and accounts. You can also chooose Accounts And Backup, backup and restore from your settings also to back up to Samsung Cloud . For further assistance contact 800-726-7864 which is 800 Samsung, but you should be good.

0 Likes
userRAL80548
Astronaut
Options

If this isn't a scam then why am I getting this notification? I don't own a Samsung phone and never have owned a samsung phone. I do own a Samsung TV. Don't know if it's connected to the Samsung cloud service. Does anyone know?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

The e-mail is sent out to our customers who have registered Samsung Accounts, as many of our devices have the Samsung cloud feature available. It's just to let our customers that there could  be changes to the Samsung Cloud if they are using the feature. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ClouiseH
Astronaut
Options

Ive had this email multiple times but it won't let me log into my account to stop it happening ? What now?

0 Likes
ClouiseH
Astronaut
Options

Ive had this email multiple times but it won't let me log into my account to stop it happening ? What now?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

After you access Samsung Cloud, check out the dashboard to see information about all the data stored in your Samsung Cloud account. Scroll through the different categories, and select one to view more details about items you've synced or backed up from your phone or tablet.

Note: You can also manage your Cloud storage from a web browser. It is recommended to use the Chrome browser on a computer when accessing Samsung Cloud. All data stored in Samsung Cloud will be deleted if it has not been used for more than 12 months. This includes data stored in its respective category, such as contacts, calendar, photos, and more. You will not be able to recover that specific data; however, Samsung will provide an advanced notice prior to deletion. (To avoid deletion, sync your data.)

Give this link a try for managing your Samsung Cloud storage: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060518/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFGIWR0UkCJ
Constellation
Options

I use to have an android phone but now I have an iPhone so what can I do for me to keep Samsung cloud?

0 Likes
IllNameThisLater
Cosmic Ray
Options

The notification should have given you steps to download OneDrive which whom Samsung is currently joined with to backup your photos from Samsung cloud to OneDrive. I've received said email it is true that there are planning to do so whether they really are aren't is not known but I wouldn't chance it since they are merging with Microsoft it's a good bet that they will delete that data from their servers

0 Likes
Dalejrfan
Astronaut
Options
I downloaded the Microsoft onedrive and it locked me out of my account so I uninstalled it now my cloud keep sending me notifications that it's unlinked with onedrive how do I stop it
CNHM
Asteroid
Options

Just a post to vent here on Samsung... I've received this same notification, and I don't take it lightly anymore.... ever since the unscrupulous company deleted all text messages and their content older than about 3 months. Without my consent of course. This was deleted from my backup even, on Samsung's cloud. So I tried restoring my messages to try and recover them, but no, gone permanently. I am so hacked off at Samsung I just can't believe it. Gone are important texts from when I got married, when my father passed away, when our daughter was born, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. They can rot in Hades for all I care, and I will never support or purchase Samsung again.