JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 10:47 AM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
cupcake78
Constellation
Options
Same here, but I just have the Galaxy 22
user63ZMoP9uzB
Constellation
Options
Same exact thing. Contact & messages app keeps crashing every 3 seconds. I cannot text or even select a contact to make a call. Driving me nuts
Members_aRRgejE
Asteroid
Options

I'm having the same exact issue.  My phone got updated last night to UI 6.0 and since then, I cannot make calls.  Phone app keeps crashing with these errors:

call keeps stopping
phone keeps stopping
callbgprovider keeps stopping

Jesse402881
Constellation
Options
I'm having this same problem. AT&T isn't responsible. This is from the update. It's garbage. Why update what's not broke. I can't do my job now because of this. Please fix this like yesterday
Jnewell05
Galaxy
Options
I downloaded the Google phone app from the Google play store. Use that app instead of the samsung default phone app. You'll have to set Google phone app as default. And I still get the force close from the other samsung phone app but at least I'm able to use my phone.
userz1d1Ogn0hF
Asteroid
Options

Started seeing the same issue with the Samsung calling app after letting the update apply today.  Downloading the Google phone app and setting it to the default calling app allowed me to have a working phone to make and receive calls.  

Sounds like we need an calling application update for the S22 phones.

Samsung_DwelBUe
Asteroid
Options

That seems to work for me too.  Thanks

userGFpvHU31Ca
Constellation
Options

I have 2 S22's on AT&T that got the update, one is fine and one has this same CallBG nonesense, I need my phone for work.

Thanks Samsung and AT&T!

Members_aRRgejE
Asteroid
Options

I tried going into Safe Mode (hold power button to reboot into safe mode) and I still have the problem in safe mode. ATT/Samsung - you need to fix this ASAP.

MomParrish
Constellation
Options
I'm having the same issue with screen flashing on and off. Caller says they get a out of service message.