JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 01:02 PM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
pyelamo
Cosmic Ray
Options
This is a software problem, no a hardware one, I installed the Google Phone App and now I can answer or make calls, sill having a pop-up with an error saying "phone is not working" but at least I can answer the phone now

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
AT&T Carrier
Android 14 UI 6.0

Error messages

call keeps stopping
phone keeps stopping
callbgprovider keeps stopping
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Google Phone is calling via the internet. Samsung Phone is calling via your carrier's network. Please contact your carrier for assistance regarding this issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Phone-App-crashes-after-update-to-One-...
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
I just verified my About phone, everything is present. In simcard status it says following

Network
AT&T

Mobile network state
Connected

Service state
In service

IMS registration status
Registered

Signal strength
-117 dBm 23 asu

Mobile voice network type
LTE

Mobile data network type
IWLAN

Roaming
Not roaming
userk5LWjVU0Ba
Asteroid
Options
Please update your information about this, Google voice is over the internet, google phone OTOH is essentially the pixel's dialer minus pixel specific features. It will use VOLTE, 3g if available, and wifi calling if available and active in settings.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Thank you for correcting me.
0 Likes
userHI4ANJ3Jmk
Constellation
Options
It's happening to my AT&T non ultra s22 as well. It's driving me crazy
thescott64
Constellation
Options

Same is happening to me on an AT&T locked S22 ultra.

ShanA44
Asteroid
Options
I checked my about phone and all my information is present unlock the post you linked and keep telling us to go to the carrier. Th3 rest of the world don't magically have Sim card issues bc Samsung sent an update. That can't be the fix for everyone to get a new Sim card. That is a very unacceptable answer. This will definitely cause people to switch to iPhone. At least they take these type of post seriously and get fast fixes in place.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Please contact your carrier regardless, as the issues that you're having are network related.

If requied, your carrier will need to work with Samsung to resolve the issue and your feedback could be of assistance.
0 Likes
mdecamps
Asteroid
Options
No they're not! It's a software issue. The phone app itself is crashing. I can still receive the calls via Bluetooth but they can't be seen on the phone screen because the app itself is crashing.