JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Reactivating Cards in Samsung Wallet

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Biounit
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have multiple cards in Samsung wallet and primarily use two. The rest are just in case I need them if I dont have my wallet. I've noticed the cards I dont actively use need to be reactivated. 

Is this a security feature or policy of Samsung Wallet to deactivate cards if they haven't been used for a certent amount of days? I know it's required to activate the cards to access them on each device, but if you activate them on a new or another device, does that require the current device to reactivate the cards as well?

I'm just trying to determine if this is nothing to be worried about or if this is somewhat of an indication that my info has been compromised.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello Biounit, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with the inactive cards needing to be reactivated in the Wallet.

@realaud offers some good ideas as to what may be causing the cards to need to be reactivated. We recommend contacting the Samsung Wallet team directly by calling 1-844-726-7297. They are a dedicated team of representatives that can take a look at your account to see if there are any concerns, and they would be able to advise you on any changes within the app that may cause the cards to deactivate.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options

I use Samsung Wallet and only have to "reactivate" cards when using a new phone for the first time, like when I transferred everything from my S22U to my S24U. Have the deactivated cards in your wallet maybe expired and need to be updated with the new card info?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

There have been random instances lately where Samsung Pay/Wallet has been deleting cards, but it sounds like your cards are still there, just not "activated".  The banks usually update card info when they make any changes, such as issuing you a new physical card or a new expiration date.  At times you may have to enter a new CCV code if a new physical card has been issued, but the app will tell you if that's the case.  I have never had to reactivate inactive cards, and for quite a while I was not rotating through all of them just using my main 4.  Maybe my other cards weren't "inactive" long enough to be required to reactivate them.  If you are being asked to reactivate your cards, you should do it. I don't think it means your info has been compromised, I think it just means there's new info on the cards and before they are auto updated, you need to verify you still have them.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello Biounit, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with the inactive cards needing to be reactivated in the Wallet.

@realaud offers some good ideas as to what may be causing the cards to need to be reactivated. We recommend contacting the Samsung Wallet team directly by calling 1-844-726-7297. They are a dedicated team of representatives that can take a look at your account to see if there are any concerns, and they would be able to advise you on any changes within the app that may cause the cards to deactivate.

0 Likes