Options
Samsung Apps and Services
What's The Difference?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
GeekGaming
Astronaut
Options
I have Verizon and I can't use RCS in Samsung Messages.
0 Likes
PoorGuy
Constellation
Options
Google Messages, When copying one message in a conversation I do have the ability to select the individual message by pressing on the message for a second or two and then using the copy icon at the top. But when deleting it's either one by one or the entire conversation
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@PoorGuy "But when deleting it's either one by one or the entire conversation"

If you want to delete multiple, but not all, long press on a message until the trash can appears. Now click on other items that you want to delete. Then click on the the trash can to delete the selected messages. 

PoorGuy
Constellation
Options
Thank you. I tried selecting multiple messages before having the trash can show up. Now I will follow your technique
spectrum19007
Asteroid
Options
That is good to know. Just to be clear, though, my issue is not being able to select just a portion of a message sent to me to copy a tracking number, for example.
0 Likes
PoorGuy
Constellation
Options
Understood and unfortunately I don't have a great answer for you. The only thing I can see would be the phone's ability (if your phone and app have the capability) of automatically copying the tracking number OR copy the message onto the clipboard (or notes) and edit it there before pasting it. Maybe another person in the community has a better solution.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@spectrum19007 "my issue is not being able to select just a portion of a message sent to me to copy a tracking number, for example."

The solution I use, is to grab a screenshot and then use the text extraction to quickly select and copy the tracking number. 

spectrum19007
Asteroid
Options
That's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that. It still requires a couple of extra steps, but I will try that out. Thank you.
Intŕù5ìv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung message or Google Message, and why ? 
Options
G Msg has full-RCS activated in the USA; S Msg only has partial-RCS here.

S Msg has far more customization options than G Msg.

G Msg refuses to send any notifs to my Watch (even before Samsung completely broke Wearable for many thousands of us.) I use S Msg exclusively because it actually sends notifs to my Watch (in years not ending in "24"...)