Original topic:

Samsung Promotion Prize: Is it a Scam?

(Topic created: 03-01-2023 12:07 PM)
0m3n
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Just got an email from "aburbach@promotionsbysamsung.com"

Claiming that I won some Samsung Earbuds and when you go to the website it sends you to "Trymarkpromotions.com" which seems to be linked to Samsung according to Samsungs website. How do I know for sure if this is legit? 
They are asking for:
Name: First/ Last
Address:
Phone #:
DOB:

15 Replies
0m3n
Asteroid
Options
EmailScreenshot_20230201_022504_Gmail_1000003762_1675247634.jpg
0 Likes
0m3n
Asteroid
Options
Official Samsung websiteScreenshot_20230201_023859_Bromite.jpg
0 Likes
0m3n
Asteroid
Options
I did it, guess I'll wait and see haha. I can usually spot a fake and am tech savvy. I looked into this for about 3 hours and so far everything seems to be coming back good. Even being talked about on reddit by other people. Very well could still be a scam though. The information I provided them shouldn't be able to obtain anything as far as im aware. If this is legit... Samsung needs to find another way to contact people Screenshot_20230201_073516_Gmail.jpg
0m3n
Asteroid
Options
Just looked into it some more and it indeed looks like a scam after I checked the whois of the email
Options
Don't do it scam
0 Likes
Solution
0m3n
Asteroid
Options
Made a post on here about an email I got that seemed extremely fishy saying I won some earbuds... EVERYBODY said it was a scam but I went with it anyway because the info they were asking seemed so mundane. Well, the earbuds just arrived in the mail.

0 Likes