JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung keyboard de-capitalizes first upper case letter in Greek after One UI 5 update

(Topic created: 11-08-2022 08:20 AM)
Mitrom
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 5 update my samsung keyboard corrects every first word of imput and de-capitalizes the first upper case letter turning it into lower case. This only happens for Greek, English works good. Any suggestion to fix this problem?

14 Replies
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Send error report
Mitrom
Asteroid
Options
I don't have an error report. Is just the keyboard auto-correcting de-capitalizing words in Greek
Mitrom
Asteroid
Options
Here you have 2 screenshots one when I'm typing and the second one when it autocorrects. As you can see the first letter goes from capital to smallVideoCapture_20221116-124921_1000015525_1668620799.jpgVideoCapture_20221116-124915_1000015523_1668620799.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
USER_65RFGY7
Astronaut
Options
Hi! I had the same issue and believe I figured out a solution. If you go to keyboard settings, swipe off auto replace for greek. It doesn't seem to recognize the greek question mark but has reverted back to caps at the beginning of a new sentence. Hope this helps.
Igenesis71
Constellation
Options

Yes but this way the autocorrect won't work:) 

0 Likes
USER_65RFGY7
Astronaut
Options
No, but the suggested text does, and that's my work around.
0 Likes
dgg-gr
Constellation
Options

Sorry, Not a solution. Work-around attempt that does not work on my S21+ !

EleniGR
Constellation
Options

Just go to Samsung keyboard , auto replace and switch off the Qwerty from the Greek language . It worked for me ....I was trying days since the last software update and finally I find solution today.

0 Likes
VasVas
Constellation
Options
I have the same issue now. It used to work fine until very recently. FIX IT SAMSUNG!