JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung keyboard de-capitalizes first upper case letter in Greek after One UI 5 update

(Topic created: 11-08-2022 07:39 AM)
Mitrom
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 5 update my samsung keyboard corrects every first word of imput and de-capitalizes the first upper case letter turning it into lower case. This only happens for Greek, English works good. Any suggestion to fix this problem?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Mitrom
Asteroid
Options
It seems greek is not important for Samsung to fix it.
0 Likes
Nezakos
Astronaut
Options

I thought it was my own problem, but finally not. I've got the same problem with Greek Language. This started after the latest Big Update to One UI 5. Till now the problem still exists.

GAN3268
Astronaut
Options

Same problem here. Samsung must do something about it. It' s very annoying..!

0 Likes
dgg-gr
Constellation
Options

THIS ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED!

### PLEASE AMEND TOPIC STATUS TO -- NOT SOLVED -- UNTIL A PROPER SOLUTION IS PROVIDED!

Workarounds described, are not even applicable to all phones. I use an S21+ and got the issue with that update too! I have tried all switches and options under Samsung Keyboard and nothing seems to work.

Same as other users reported, the issue remains with all suggested Greek words. 

May I also add a relevant bug: Swipe has an issue with Greek as well, when 'swiping' the first word in a sentence (and the keyboard -correctly- appears with all caps, since it is the first word) but if the 'swiped' word ends with 's' (special character, as in 'sigma teliko') which will not appear in an all-caps keyboard, swipe always fails. Therefore, ALL SWIPED Greek WORDS THAT END in 'S' FAIL when these words are the forst words in a sentence!

Thank you for your attention!

Sotirisktistis
Constellation
Options

I also have the same problem. 

0 Likes