Original topic:

Samsung vs Google Apps as defaults on newer devices

(Topic created: 02-24-2023 08:13 AM)
Jess04
Sun
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hey Samsung,

I've noticed over the last few years, as there's always been the option between Googles version of particular apps and your own, that the chosen default apps are beginning to shift towards Google's. What I mean by that is with the addition of Google's Messages app and the sudden disappearance of the Samsung Email app. This has been causing issues and confusion with users. Some could speculate that you're choosing to settle for the Google version of apps, so users no longer have to choose between 2 versions of the same things. I just want to say that you need to stand strong in your decision to keep the Samsung apps on your devices as the selected default option! Return Samsung email to the newer devices! Make YOUR Messages app the default again! Google Messages doesn't have a Trash Folder, and yours still has RCS. So there's no need to even have Google's on your devices. With these new changes made to your devices I just don't want to see your own Internet browser be removed. Because it, like all of your other apps, has a cleaner UI in addition to higher security than Google's own Chrome browser.

2 Replies
Spunky85
Star
Options
Yes!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes