JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Set maximum heart rate in S Health

(Topic created: 07-06-2024 02:02 PM)
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

How does one set a maximum heart rate in Samsung Health? I previously had it set but an update removed my setting, continuing Samsung's habit of breaking something with updates, and I can not determine how to reset it.

8 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@SneedoftheWest Try this:

1. Open Samsung Health
  2. Click on Heart rate item
  3. Click the 3 dots menu
  4. Click on Advanced measurement
  5. Click on High HR and change it the value you desire. 
0 Likes
Options

Thanks but my SHealth has no Heart rate item when opened. The closest is something showing min/max heart rate during exercise but clicking that only shows that data for my latest ride. The 3 dot menu has only Delete, Export data, Accessories and About Heart Rate. Clicking About Heart Rate just shows some information with no 3 dot menu or any link to anything.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options

@SneedoftheWest You don't see this in Samsung Health on your phone?

Screenshot_20240706_134048_Samsung Health.jpg

If you don't see it, from the Samsung Health home screen click on the 3 dots in upper right. Select Edit home. Then click the + button in upper right. Enable Heart rate. 

0 Likes
Solution
Options

I do see that but it only shows the rate during exercise.As mentioned, "The closest is something showing min/max heart rate during exercise but clicking that only shows that data for my latest ride. The 3 dot menu has only Delete, Export data, Accessories and About Heart Rate." I am using version 6.27.0.161, which seems different than what you have. I did solve it though. I had to tap Bike (my only exercise), then the 3 dot menu, then Settings and Heart Rate Zones was one of the choices and it allows a manual setting.

A related question that is probably difficult to answer is how accurate SHealth is in determining the maximum rate for an individual based on the data entered, height, weight, age, and the results of workouts. It comes up with 185 and I have been riding for many years at 8000 feet elevation. However, using the most aggressive formula I've found for determining this manually, 211 - (0.64 x age), the Hunt Formula for active people, I come up with 161 and every other formula gives a much lower maximum. Bottom line: I'm not sure which to go by. Thanks for the help. Sneed

userymqlQwro0t
Constellation
Options

What the **bleep** is a heart rate item? Do you mean Icon? It would help if soneone answering this spoke and wrote english. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options

@userymqlQwro0t If you look at the screenshot I posted you will see the heart rate item. Heart rate is one of several items shown in Samsung Health. It is not an icon, but a graphical area showing the last heart rate plus a small graph showing today's heart rate range. 

0 Likes
takayama
Constellation
Options

I did the same thing to change my heart rate (but for running). However, after completing today's run I still get the personalized puls zone. My max was 171 and not the 205 that I changed it to.

Options

I did not have that happen. After you tap running, and the three dot menu for running, and Settings, it should show whatever you changed your max to and stay that way after a run. Oddly mine does that but it still shows that 186 is my recommended max and that is a LOT higher than any of the formulas I've seen come up with.

0 Likes