JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Should I make a new account for child's phone?

(Topic created: 08-06-2024 01:12 AM)
SB6
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi - I was setting up a phone for my kid today and used my samsung account. I am wondering should I have made a new account for my kid instead?

Thanks.

6 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Just my thoughts if the kid is still young no problem having on your account if they are older and may get own phone soon than perhaps have them get own account
0 Likes
SB6
Asteroid
Options

Seeing as I already put my account in there, is there a way to change it to a new account?

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
That I don't know as I have always had my own it seems possible may just be a matter of taking off yours and putting in new one in my opinion I would double check on that
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
All you need to do is open phone settings and at the top it will list the your name and the Samsung account signed in tap it and scroll to the bottom and sign out then make a new account and sign back in with the new account you created

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
True but this phone was already put in a account to start a new one
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello SB6, Welcome to the Community. We understand the importance of managing the technology our children are using.

Here is a link with information for creating a child's account: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00091962/ It also includes a link to parental controls options.

We are also including a link to Samsung Kids that may be beneficial, depending on the age of your child: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082342/

Your account can be removed from the phone using @GaryB82's steps. For additional account assistance, we recommend reaching out to the Samsung Accounts team by calling 1-855-795-0509.

0 Likes