JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The A21 doesn't have smart view

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 06:07 PM)
hemlokkwick
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Can someone help me understand why the a21 doesn't have smart view? Seems it only makes sense to add features to a phone and not take away from them. Or am I missing something somehow? Somehow overlooked it?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Tuc
Constellation
Options

Have they fixed this yet ? I  am so disappointed in this phone this is the one feature I use the most 

0 Likes
user4L9eeiQcuh
Asteroid
Options

Jace,

This is NOT a solution rather a very regretful mistake on my part for assuming any Samsung "smartphone" would naturally connect to any newer Samsung tv heme my having JUST BOUGHT A 65"SAMSUNG TV solely for the purpose of bypassing the one and only cable company manipulation in the rural part of Appalachian mountains by simple casting my Netflix, Amazon prime,  Hulu and Crackle to my new Samsung tv. I can't believe in this day and age when screencasting has been available for WELL OVER A DECADE NOW that ANY SAMSUNG PHONE would not have the primal function of screen casting! Not to mention it is not adaptable via HDMI EITHER! This is a very bad joke and I WILL be returning both TV AND PHONE MOVING TO APPLE and USE APPLE AIR! I have Samsung EVERTHING and that ends here today.  Yes I AM VERY VERY UNHAPPY because I just dropped a grand on what supposed to be advanced tech and this is comprable to saying sorry our A21 isn't compatible  with the text messaging feature. Jesus guys get it together! I lost hours of my time and HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO DO THIS and I am NOT happy about it and yes I would say whomever has the ability to SERIOUSLY address this issue and can make sure this feature is added to the next software update for a21 because I sat through that to hoping it would include this icon along with this feature functioning

Members_6CXCNt5
Constellation
Options

Is Samsung working on a way for people to access this function. Is there a work around?

0 Likes
mham
Asteroid
Options
Google play store error code 504.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Give this link a try: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003?hl=en

Have you tried downloading the SmartThings app from the Galaxy store?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
mham
Asteroid
Options
I cannot find it in the Galaxy store.

I have tried everything from the link you provided and more.
Samsung_hZcCH41
Constellation
Options

I am having the sane issue. Were you ever able to get SmartThings working? 

My system apps says it is installed, but can never find it. I tried all the Google help techniques.

userv2t7wpM1Af
Constellation
Options

It's been the same for me too! Its not only with a21 but also with m01 and s8+ the app appears in playatore but it wont install even I tried out the apk version but nothing worked it says app bot installed.please help me.

0 Likes
userLGQfr4mCm3
Constellation
Options

have a new samsung a21, a samsung smart tv 65 inch 8000 series, just bought a samsung smart tv 50 inch 8000 series as well. You're saying to me that i need to but a google product to connect to them together? Are you serious? I just change my phone from a samsung a5 2017 which had smartview.... my mobilty provider now wants me to upgrade to the a51 instead, but a 10$ more monthly fee, for a frigging mirroring feature.  I will mistrust samsung product in the future. Very unhappy

OneWinner
Constellation
Options

Just started blocking newer budget phones such as the A21 so that you have to buy a more expensive phone to run your app is a very shady practice considering the app runs perfectly fine on my A10e