Original topic:

Themes and app icons

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Is this normal for the theme if you see Samsung Health has the theme applied to it but the other 15 apps don't is there something wrong with it or is this normal 

9 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Only Samsung apps get the new theme. Copyright and brand image for other apps won't allow changes.
0 Likes
Options
But what about icon packs that you can get on the play store? They all are themed. I'm using a Pixel icon theme.1721259080971.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Possibly Samsung licensed those for those specific icon packs. For the themes, only the samsung apps get changed. You can create your own theme by changing the icon pack with the theme you chose. All other theme elements should remain the same.

Being iconically impaired as I am, I like my icons to remain the same so that I recognize them.

0 Likes
Options
Lol about your last sentence. My husband is the same way. I like to change them up from time to time, but generally I use the stock icons.
0 Likes
Options
OK, one thing I forgot to mention is I downloaded the 15 apps from the Play Store, so I didn't know if the theme was going to apply on them and all the other apps I have
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Also looks like most of the changed icons are Google or Samsung.
0 Likes
Options
On mine? Yeah. I have a few wallpaper apps that are themed, AT&T app, and temple run and a banking app. Rest are Google and Samsung like you said.
0 Likes
SachikoChan
Constellation
Options
Some themes don't theme every icon I think it's due to to many apps or Samsungs licenseing
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
I use an app called Icon Pack Studio, I update the icons manually when I install a new app, it changes all icons
0 Likes