Original topic:

Unable to view text messages on Samsung Cloud backup

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_pvVhNb0
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

When I go to the support.samsungcloud.com website on my laptop there's just a screen that says Samsung Cloud. There's no way to log in or do anything. I'm trying to access and read my backed up text messages but I can't find where to do it on laptop or phone or any other device. Or the app. Please help@links to members

5 Replies
userra
Sun
Options
https://support.samsungcloud.com/ Are you using Chrome as your browser? I never knew you could access text messages on the cloud. On the phone, type in settings "cloud," and it should redirect you to the app for in Samsung store called Cloud, and you will see the items you can backup. Google One app allows backup of text messages, but I don't think you can read them, and you can restore the text messages from a backup but would overwrite any existing messages you have now. I'm not sure, but I think this.
ImRyan
Comet
Options
I use Google 1 to backup my photos and videos so I save space on my phone. I didn't know that you could back up text messages and stuff. I'm going to look into that. God bless you and thank you for that. I learned something new! I love to learn
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
I don't think you can read them, though. I can email my phone number and text back to my email with the carrier handle after my phone number. That would be the only way I can think of as saving it on the cloud side and being able to read the texts but it would be only readable from your email, since it's an email server and you can read them on the computer or any client with the email app. If you have Google Voice, I think you can use Google takeout to create an archive of the texts only if you have Google Voice, and read them that way, but I would have to look to see if it works bc I just read that. I just don't think it's possible to backup texts from a phone with a sim card and read them on a computer that would be convenient, but I think not so safe. I really do not know sorry.
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
The website said it's optimised for chrome on windows OS
userra
Sun
Options
Have you tried Samsung flow connected to your PC. What PC os do you have.
0 Likes