Original topic:

Viewing software for SNH-V6410PN smartcam; app no longer supported

(Topic created: Wednesday)
CamasDon
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

What viewing software that is compatible.  Wisenet reports incompatibility in July 2024. 

27 Replies
userIjLCWKuuJT
Constellation
Options

so what will I do with this useless camera now the app is not supported can anyone in Samsung company tell us the solutions?

neo70
Asteroid
Options

Exactly, just as the notice on the SmartCam+ app has been saying for the last 2 or 3 weeks, my 4 V6414 cameras no longer work with the app.  

I was greeted to black preview screens where they used to be on Monday...  Bricks...  Absolutely no help from Samsung.

I have been searching Google Play for another app to use but none of it makes any sense...  No idea how to connect these to a different app.  

I hope someone who is more tech savvy than I can figure this out and posts the solution somewhere on the web.  I guess I'll just have to wait until this happens.

ELOW
Constellation
Options

Yup, I have 6 of these cameras that I accumulated over time as I absolutely love them!!  Now they are all bricked.  Wisenet notice said "we can't support anymore due to low usage" is a total **bleep** - a lot of people here are users. You can't just pull the rug under us !   SAMSUNG - your reputation is on the line. DO SOMETHING!!! If not, like one of the users chimed above, I will never buy Samsung TV, phones, etc!

StanS1
Constellation
Options

Well, I have one 6431 that still works (and two 6414s that are now bricked). You can buy refurb 6431s on Amazon for $35. Not exactly the best solution, but at least it uses the same SmartCam+ software.

0 Likes
StanS1
Constellation
Options

Curiously, I can access the app-bricked cams via the web interface, Using Internet Explorer...

SmartCam (samsungsmartcam.com)

0 Likes
Nike98
Constellation
Options

Go here to download the older version https://download.cnet.com/samsung-smartcam/3000-13632_4-77376098.html

It works for me.

0 Likes
userCTFIRlmD7N
Constellation
Options
This also worked for me. Thanks.
0 Likes
Ivan3
Constellation
Options

I guess I am in the same boat as everyone else here. Have model SNH V6410PN.  Guess I'll call Samsung to verify what the if any options are.