Original topic:

Voicemail lag

(Topic created: 12-30-2022 03:24 PM)
zia1
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
 I'm unsure of what's going on with my voicemail, I'm not receiving them timely unless I manually refresh. If I'm unaware that a vm should be there, occasionally it won't show notification for several hours or until the next day. 
 Has anyone else had any problems like this?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TacPowers
Astronaut
Options
No, I went into a Verizon store and they recommended downloading an app to turn off 5G...that didn't work. I just did the reset by myself. All you have to do is go into Settings, General Management, and Reset. Then I hit the Reset All Settings option. Do NOT hit the Factory Data Reset. You don't want to reset the ENTIRE phone, just some of the settings to see if it helps. I still check my voicemail after some calls to see if it is not working...but, so far, it seems like it has been better. I can't guarantee anything though. But, hitting the reset all Settings button will not lose anything on your phone. That is what I was worried about, but it is okay. Good luck.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
TheRev3
Astronaut
Options
I had some issues with Xfinity visual voicemail on my S22 Ultra, so an Xfinity tech told me to go to settings, general management, reset, and to reset network settings. I did that and went to my voicemail icon and it came up that the app wasn't supported by this device and to close the app, open the app Samsung that came on it, then delete the Xfinity app. I cannot find the Samsung app anywhere in either the Galaxy or Play Stores. I'm reduced to dialing *86 and entering a code to hear them. Where is the Samsung app that I can tap open? And why can't I have visual voicemail on this phone?
0 Likes
zia1
Astronaut
Options
This may be a silly question. Do you have a subscription for visual vm?
0 Likes
TacPowers
Astronaut
Options
I've had the same thing happen with my S22 Ultra...people call me, I see that I have a missed call, but no indication that they left a voicemail unless I refresh my voicemail...complete junk...my S9+ never had this problem.
0 Likes
TacPowers
Astronaut
Options
The only thing I have done that "seems" to be helping is I went in and did a reset...not a reset that completely wipes everything, but a full reset that does everything else...that has seemed to help so far
0 Likes
zia1
Astronaut
Options
You went into a Verizon and they did that?
0 Likes
Solution
TacPowers
Astronaut
Options
No, I went into a Verizon store and they recommended downloading an app to turn off 5G...that didn't work. I just did the reset by myself. All you have to do is go into Settings, General Management, and Reset. Then I hit the Reset All Settings option. Do NOT hit the Factory Data Reset. You don't want to reset the ENTIRE phone, just some of the settings to see if it helps. I still check my voicemail after some calls to see if it is not working...but, so far, it seems like it has been better. I can't guarantee anything though. But, hitting the reset all Settings button will not lose anything on your phone. That is what I was worried about, but it is okay. Good luck.
0 Likes