Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

@SamellaRo

Hey,

I'm not so sure about this internet browser add on. In the past people were warned that they were collecting, uploading, and selling our personal data to third parties in the background. They may have stopped doing that all these years later I really don't know.

I use the Samsung internet browser. They recently improved the security options to the point where I feel really safe relying on it for internet security. We can also activate the pre-installed Wi-Fi security service for added protection. I'm not running that one. 

I have the galaxy S9 and receive monthly security patches once every four months. To fill in the security gap I installed Norton 360 with life lock. I also have my isp, AT&T, that provides a network interface that includes their network security services.

It's probably overkill on network security but I feel a little safer knowing these are running in the background. The pre-installed network security services are a good starting point and there's at least a half dozen top rated and trusted  network security apps available.. It's probably best to to do some more research and install one with a good reputation and that you really trust.

Best regards,

CLF 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@SamellaRo

Hey,

I'm not so sure about this internet browser add on. In the past people were warned that they were collecting, uploading, and selling our personal data to third parties in the background. They may have stopped doing that all these years later I really don't know.

I use the Samsung internet browser. They recently improved the security options to the point where I feel really safe relying on it for internet security. We can also activate the pre-installed Wi-Fi security service for added protection. I'm not running that one. 

I have the galaxy S9 and receive monthly security patches once every four months. To fill in the security gap I installed Norton 360 with life lock. I also have my isp, AT&T, that provides a network interface that includes their network security services.

It's probably overkill on network security but I feel a little safer knowing these are running in the background. The pre-installed network security services are a good starting point and there's at least a half dozen top rated and trusted  network security apps available.. It's probably best to to do some more research and install one with a good reputation and that you really trust.

Best regards,

CLF 

SamellaRo
Astronaut
Options
@Clf I thank you for your knowledge, and time replying to me. I will your advice.