Original topic:

What are the badges for?

(Topic created: 10-08-2023 12:12 PM)
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why do I have 23 badges and what do the do for me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
Is a way to gamify the community section of the app. Just like many game launchers (Xbox, Playstation, steam, etc) use badges to get you to play more, samsung uses them to get you to interact with the members app.

The only use for them is personal pride/satisfaction and keeping track of things you may care about (maybe you like to know how many people liked your posts, or how many of your posts are marked as solutions.)

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Options
If you tap on the badge, it will tell you why you received it. I'm not sure about the rewards, but congratulations!
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
The badges earned in the Community are purely aesthetic.
Solution
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
Is a way to gamify the community section of the app. Just like many game launchers (Xbox, Playstation, steam, etc) use badges to get you to play more, samsung uses them to get you to interact with the members app.

The only use for them is personal pride/satisfaction and keeping track of things you may care about (maybe you like to know how many people liked your posts, or how many of your posts are marked as solutions.)
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
The badges are broken anyways. I have badges for things I've never done, like post 100 topics.
Options
Well that explains that then
0 Likes
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
Strange, I don't pay much attention to them other than a quick "hum, cool" when they show up so I'm not sure if mine are accurate or not.
VerbumVeritum
Options
The only one I saw was the badge for 150 likes/kudos. You're slightly under.
0 Likes
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
Cool, like I said they aren't super important to me so I want paying attention 🙂
Thanks for the info though, good to know I "earned" most of them lol
Options
Well that makes this app less exciting
0 Likes