Original topic:

What's the difference between the Samsung Store and the Google Store?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
MusicMann91
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm sure this will make me seem like an amateur, but I'm dying to know. I notice that their are 2 app stores on my phone. And coming to Samsung from Apple, this has confused me a little. Is there a difference between the Samsung Store and the Google Store? Should I use one over the other?? How does it work?

0 Likes
6 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
The Samsung Store has alot of system apps that will update from it and the Google store is more for general items that you want both are pretty good stores to use

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
MusicMann91
Asteroid
Options
So, let's say I download Monopoly Go on both apps??? Would I have 2 apps on my phone. Dumb question, I know. But I just don't get the purpose I guess.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Trust me, only do monopoly go from the Google store I tried it and it was a nightmare lol but I think it would overwrite the other one

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
MusicMann91
Asteroid
Options
Lol. Gotcha. Thank you sir
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
I uninstalled the monopoly I had from Google to try the Samsung Store one and it keep popping up stuff when you loaded in for offers for the game so I uninstalled and re installed the Google one

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@MusicMann91 In addition to @GaryB82 's comments.

• The Samsung Store has apps which are either only for Samsung devices OR optimized or tailored for Samsung devices. They may have capabilities only available on a Samsung device.
  • The Play Store has apps for all Android devices. So they may not take full advantage of features of your phone. 
0 Likes