Original topic:

When does a routine start and stop?

(Topic created: 04-23-2024 12:32 PM)
DareDevil57
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Screenshot_20240421_080055_Modes and Routines.jpg

The routine above behaves as if the location trigger is "Currently at" not "Arriving at".  After I'm home for many hours I get in my car and when bluetooth connects my phone announces "Check the mail".

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks

14 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

I must have misundetstood that you wanted it to activate in your car. I thought you wanted it to activate perhaps when connecting to a headset ir earbuds. In any case, you have one of your ifs as "arriving at..." I might leave that out and just leave the set time range. Also, the way the "connected" parameter works is that the routine thinks you want it to start upon connection, not when you're already connected, which is why it activated the next day when you first connect to your car. Perhaps leave the BT device out of the mix and just keep the time and place. If you're already connected to your car, your messages will be read through the car's speakers. You'd have to play with it to see which works.

0 Likes
DareDevil57
Asteroid
Options

I'm not sure you are correct about the 'connected' parameter.  If it worked the way you described it would only work when I connected when at home.

Anyway, after much experimentation and several 1 mile trips away and then back home, I've come to the conclusion that what I want is not possible and that my description above about how routines work is absolutely correct.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Some routines are just not possible, given the options.  However, your routine should be possible by experimenting with the parameters.

As far as the "connected" parameter, it is designed to work on connection, not while connected.  One would think it would, but it's limited.

I have no stake in whether I am correct, or you are, as I am not the one bothered by it.  If I was the one working on a routine that was failing to do what I wanted it to accomplish, I would play with all possible permutations until I got it to do what I wanted to do or accept that the options given make it not possible to do what I want.

You could also just set a reminder/alarm to check your mail.

0 Likes
Solution
DareDevil57
Asteroid
Options

Yeah, I've accepted the fact that it's just not possible to make it work the way I want.  I still think your wrong about the 'connected' parameter ... but I can't prove it and it's no big deal either way.

Thanks for helping.

0 Likes
Widjai
Constellation
Options

DareDevil57,

I also have this same behaviour with a similar routine I created which doesn't make sense.
The routine behaves as if it is on location, rather than arriving on location.

To discriminate it only works if I'm in my car, I also set the Bluetooth of my car as an IF parameter.
But everytime I start my car the routine executes itself af if it is on locatian rather than arriving on location.

0 Likes