JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto-rotate stuck in landscape mode

(Topic created: 07-25-2022 07:51 PM)
rivergirl2459
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Even though I toggle off and on,  auto-rotate is stuck in landscape mode.  How do I get it unstuck?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
rivergirl2459
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Thank you for responding. I'd already restarted the tablet; however, since it was only acting up while reading my book, once open I went to the Font menu, Layout tab, and found there is a box checked to "lock content in current screen orientation." I unchecked it and Bingo, issue solved. Must have hit it accidentally.

View solution in context

6 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

With the tablet on, press and hold the Power and Vol (reset as opposed just a restart) down keys until the tablet reboots. Also, don't touch the screen when you rotate the device as that sometimes causes the orientation not to change.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Solution
rivergirl2459
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Thank you for responding. I'd already restarted the tablet; however, since it was only acting up while reading my book, once open I went to the Font menu, Layout tab, and found there is a box checked to "lock content in current screen orientation." I unchecked it and Bingo, issue solved. Must have hit it accidentally.

bill-e
Options
Tablets
Super! Always great to solve a problem without needing service.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
rivergirl2459
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I must say, this tablet is my first Samsung product and for the few questions I've had to reach out to support for have been met with nothing less than superb customer support. I have a friend who is a die-hard Samsung owner (tablets and phones), and it was on his recommendation that I switch from my 10-yr Kindle habit to Samsung. Couldn't be happier! Thanks again.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

The problem with the Kindle wasn't that it was a Kindle, it's that it was 10 Years old 😉

Samsung gets a lot of bad press when it comes to customer service, but being a user of devices from all different manufacturers I can tell you that their forums are no different than this one.  People come here with problems and not when everything is good.

By the way, for future reference, the instructions I gave above were for Resetting the Tablet, not Restarting it.  Subtle difference but the Reset apparently resets some parameters that Restarting doesn't and can be a lifesaver sometimes 😉

Bill
---
rivergirl2459
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you for the follow-up, much appreciated. 🙏