JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call & Text on other devices Verizon

(Topic created: 06-19-2024 06:07 AM)
williaml99
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have already spoke to Verizon and Samsung support. I would like to see if anyone can confirm what Samsung support says from experience. I am very experienced in Cellular technology and have worked in tech for 37 years. I am an old geek, 73. I am very well red and experienced in connected devices on verizon and the Samsung feature (Call & Text on other devices) that Verizon has always disabled through device firmware and or though their network. 

Equipment is Samsung tab S8 plus and Zfold 5. Both Verizon versions. 

I have been getting my phone calls on my tablet since I bought the devices via the Verizon supported method of Verizon messages plus app. Verizon has now dropped support for the massages plus app. yes, the very one that they made us use after they blocked the native Samsung feature. Go figure. Verizon does not have an alternative phone call on tablet solution. Samsung support is telling me something I want to believe but have my doubts that the tech understood me. He said if my phone and tablet were unlocked on Verizon network the Samsung feature would work. He spoke the problem was in the devices not blocked on the Verizon cloud. Has anyone got (Call & Text on other devices) to work with unlocked devices on Verizon? I have got it to work over WI-FI with my gear, but it will not work over cellular even connecting the two devices via hotspot with hotspot coming from tablet or phone. I could easily trade for unlocked devices, but I am not convinced it will work.  Sorry for the long post! I'll take all the help I can get!

3 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
It has to have the unlocked firmware installed if it has Verizon branded firmware call and text isn't available. If I remember correctly from when I had Verizon firmware, I now always buy unlocked to get all of the settings and features with factory unlocked devices purchased from Samsung directly you will have call and text.
1718765861644_1718765861636_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I have a locked Fold 5 and a WiFi Tab S8U and since sometime in May, Call and Text has been enabled on my phone (was always a setting on the tab) and works with Samsung Messages.  Check Settings->Connected Devices for the setting. 

Call and Text works via Wifi and BT as far as I know but I can't test Cellular since the tablet doesn't have a radio. 

Google Messages also works and doesn't use the Call and Text feature. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
williaml99
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Thanks to you and GaryB82. Very helpful! Thinking must hold off on getting unlocked device until fold 6 comes out. Another option is get routed WIFI in the vehicle. Do you know if you were not on home wifi and connected to mobile hotspot on your phone, would it work? Thanks again!
0 Likes