JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call and text on other devices (Tablet to Phone)

(Topic created: 04-25-2023 10:14 PM)
randhir4605
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My tablet Galaxy Tab S8+ supports SIM with calling facility. But I can't carry the tablet all the time so I wanted to receive the tablet's call in phone/mobile (M14 5G). The existing feature only supports to receive the mobile's call in the tablet but I can't receive tablet's call in my phone.  There is any solution for this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Some thoughts on your request:

I assume that the tablet and phone have separate numbers, yes?

If that is the case, use call forwarding to forward the tablet calls to your cellphone (or any other number).

Or, get a Skype number (or a simular service) and it will ring on all devices with the Skype app. I get free Skype calling with my 365 subscription. The Skype number is an additional $39 annually.

View solution in context

16 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@randhir4605 See this Samsung article about making and receiving calls from the tablet. -> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/#:~:text=With%20the%20Call%20%26%20text%20on,Y...

The tablet uses the active service on the connected phone to make the calls. 

0 Likes
MoSnowolf_66
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Cool.I was just wondering how that works cuz I'm on my tablet alot cyz of bigger screen for meetings etc. & I do have wifi at my place & service on my phone. But I also don't want stuff to.happen to my phone. I would rather have it happen to my old tablet! Do you know where I can find more info on that? Appreciate it.✌️
0 Likes
randhir4605
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@LongHiker  I think you haven't read my post properly or you were unable to understand. Please check my question again. I am asking to receive tablet's call in mobile. that is opposite functionality that samsung provides. I am looking solutionfor that.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@randhir4605 Sorry, but I understand your question. The carrier's SIM for a tablet does indeed have a phone number but it provides a data connection only. 

0 Likes
randhir4605
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

In my tablet I have calling facility just like mobile phone. I have mentioned the model number you can check the features.

0 Likes
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Some thoughts on your request:

I assume that the tablet and phone have separate numbers, yes?

If that is the case, use call forwarding to forward the tablet calls to your cellphone (or any other number).

Or, get a Skype number (or a simular service) and it will ring on all devices with the Skype app. I get free Skype calling with my 365 subscription. The Skype number is an additional $39 annually.
randhir4605
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@DanG92263 
Yes, In tablet and phone both having seperate numbers.

Call forwarding is the good option, I accepted and I know that. 

I was just checking If there is any solution from samsung side. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Is the tablet's OS Windows 10 or 11? I have Microsoft's 'Link to Windows' on my new s23 Ultra (And prior to this on my s10+), laptop and PC, the latter both running Win 11 and I can answer cellphone calls on all three devices. Of course, neither my PC or laptop have a SIM card, so I am unsure if this feature would work in your situation, but I thought I would toss out the idea.
0 Likes
randhir4605
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Tablet and Phone both are Android based device.

I also use Microsoft's "Link to Windows". Your phone and Widows based tablet / laptop needs to connected via Bluetooth, then only you will receive the call in tablet/laptop.

But in Samsung's  'call and text from other device' feature, no need to connect via Bluetooth, both device needs internet connection. You can answer call even your phone is not near to you.