Original topic:

[Concern] Galaxy Tab A9 (2023) Software Update

(Topic created: 02-18-2024 09:02 PM)
johnangelo
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

UPDATE:

There is already an announcement from samsung that this unit will receive A14 oneUI 6 this march 2024 which is a great news

johnangelo_0-1709287575256.png

Original Post:

Samsung has released the Galaxy Tab A9 2023 recently and it has been months and this device hasn't received any updates yet.

This Device is on Android 13 One UI 5.1.1.

Security Update was stuck at August 2023

johnangelo_0-1708319293885.png

To add: Older Galaxy Tab A7 Lite users are already receiving oneUI 6

Kindly please update this tablet.

Regards

8 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
The first update may come at or after the end of March. Tablet updates are quarterly, and it was released in October 2023. Unless a major security issue props up, no update should be released before March.
0 Likes
johnangelo
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

from my standpoint, there should at least be a security update for December 2023. I'm not basing on the release of the device since the software side is not in line with that (I think)

Thanks for the insight, let's see if the update comes this March.

benliberti
Constellation
Options
Tablets

On Friday this week, the device will be running with a 7 month old security patch. I bought my A9 in December to replace my A7 Lite. I sold my A7 Lite in December with it running on One UI 6 with the December security patch.

Aside from Android devices that I've owned which are that old that they are no longer supported with updates, I've never owned a newly released Android device running on a security patch that is 7 months old.

For a newly released device from Samsung, it's utterly disgraceful!

0 Likes
johnangelo
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

There is already an announcement from samsung that this unit will receive A14 oneUI 6 this march 2024 which is a great news

johnangelo_0-1709287553858.png

0 Likes
sparkktv
Constellation
Options
Tablets

That's what's worrying me also is there has been no security updates either. I can see them skipping OneUI 6 for OneUI 6.1 which may be why we haven't gotten Android 14 yet. But aren't A series tablets suppose to get quarterly security updates? That should be 4 a year and so far we have gotten none. Starting to make me worry about the 3 years of OS updates if it will actually happen also.
And the worst part if there is zero communication about why there have been zero updates.

0 Likes
johnangelo
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

johnangelo_0-1709287505768.png

0 Likes
sparkktv
Constellation
Options
Tablets

That says A9, not A9+. I don't even think the A9 is out in the US yet, only the A9+ is.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I believe that anyone with an A9 now does not have a US model because I don't believe that model has been released yet in the US and the US models are the only devices supported by Samsung USA (this community) 

I did see that there was a USA announcement regarding the A9 back in January but it is not listed for sale yet on Samsung.com

If you have an A9 and have not been upgraded in 8 months then I suggest that you contact the regional support for your device. 

You can also try Smart Switch and see if that pulls up the update. 

Try using Smart Switch

Smart Switch for Windows https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin

Smart Switch for Mac  https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

Step 1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device, and then open Smart Switch on your computer.

Step 2. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to update

Step 3. Click Update and use the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files

Step 4. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your device. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes