JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S7+ still overdue for a security patch

(Topic created: 03-24-2022 12:54 AM)
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Although I'm extremely proud for Samsung to release the Tab S8 line during this year, I'm still not surprised that they completely forgotten about the Tab S7 series during the Unpacked event. The Tab S7+ is still stuck on the December 2021 patch and I'm hoping to see OneUI 4.1 release for the S21 and Tab S7+ series as they've planned that ahead of time. I know I'm a T-Mobile user but for all the people who read about the Verizon rumor about OneUI 4.1, you've all been deceived (considering Verizon is the carrier that bites the dust when it comes to updates.) All I'm hoping is that Samsung will comes back to the previous devices and gives us the same treatment that the S22 and Tab S8 received upon launch.
17 Replies
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I agree! I posted the same concerns a couple of weeks ago yet still no response from Samsung. They've totally disregarded the Tab S7 Plus and other units. It seems as if they're ignoring our complaints also.
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
We're at the end of March, heading into April and we still haven't received any security updates since December 1, 2021. Samsung hasn't had the courtesy or professionalism to respond or to let us know when to expect an update to our Tab S7 Plus units. I'm looking at other vendors and brands when I decide to upgrade. Excellent Customer service matters!
0 Likes
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Tablets
I can say the same about the Galaxy Watch3 promise that Samsung never took seriously, and the fact it was supposed to get 3 years of updates even though it's been stuck at the same version ever since. Right now I have a prediction that Samsung will just end up throwing one small update at 2023 just so they make us believe that they lived up to their promise and make it seem like we're stupid. I'm hoping they can get their act together or my next upgrade will just be another android device
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Tab S7+ is on the quarterly update schedule so you should be getting the March update soon.  March update was a bit late being released hitting phones only a week ago.

Here's a link showing the update frequency for Samsung.  It is kind of fluid changing every once in a while but new tablets, including the S8, are quarterly.

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I purchased the Tab S7 Plus in December 2021 and I received the December 1, 2021 software update on January 12, 2022. It is March and I haven't received any security updates for January and February as of yet. Why the delay? 

My screen tend to flicker and it is out of focus while scrolling and the screen slowly comes into focus a few seconds after I stop scrolling. My display is set at 120 hertz, motion smoothness on high which should prevent the out of focus or blurry response. It takes a few seconds for the entire screen to come into focus. 

The security updates along with other fixes are desperately needed! Samsung, please provide your customers with the required updates as soon as possible. We needed them yesterday. 
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Tablets
I agree. I feel like the moment Samsung released the Tab S8 line, they totally forgot all about the Tab S7 and the fact it's still being supported.
0 Likes
WeirdoHoekage
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Hmm I still use my s7 plus just until I receive the s8 ultra. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary and I've had it for around 2 years. Maybe I adjusted to it? But it's still as crisp and fluid. I will say before I got the s22 ultra my s21 ultra Def slowed down. I can tell about that but as for the tablet, it's still good and running.
0 Likes
Vikki96
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
You guys are getting updates? We Indian tab s7+ wifi version is still stuck with oct 2021 patch. Still no december update for us
0 Likes
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
We're at the end of March, heading into April and still haven't received any security updates since December 1, 2021. Samsung hasn't had the courtesy or professionalism to respond or to let us know when to expect an update to our Tab S7 Plus units. I'm looking at other vendors and brands when I decide to upgrade. Excellent Customer service does matter!
0 Likes