JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S7+ still overdue for a security patch

(Topic created: 04-01-2022 05:52 PM)
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Although I'm extremely proud for Samsung to release the Tab S8 line during this year, I'm still not surprised that they completely forgotten about the Tab S7 series during the Unpacked event. The Tab S7+ is still stuck on the December 2021 patch and I'm hoping to see OneUI 4.1 release for the S21 and Tab S7+ series as they've planned that ahead of time. I know I'm a T-Mobile user but for all the people who read about the Verizon rumor about OneUI 4.1, you've all been deceived (considering Verizon is the carrier that bites the dust when it comes to updates.) All I'm hoping is that Samsung will comes back to the previous devices and gives us the same treatment that the S22 and Tab S8 received upon launch.
17 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Tab S7+ is on the quarterly update schedule so you should be getting the march update soon.  March update was a bit late being released hitting phones only a week ago.

Here's a link showing the update frequency for Samsung.  It is kind of fluid changing every once in a while

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Thanks bill-e, I appreciate the response and information. Good to know!
0 Likes
userfvnE6lFjnz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks, bill-e. But, respectfully, you've posted that same link twice now and all it says is "Current Models for Quarterly Security Updates". It's the last day of March today and there has been no update. For me, my company disabled my Tab S7+ because the SPL is still stuck at Dec 2021. It's been more than a quarter - my tablet is dead and useless. When will the January 2022 Security Patch be updated? I've checked daily for 18 days and am on the phone with support and they said to "wait a month or so" A MONTH OR SO (really?!?!). The S8 Tabs have barely started shipping so this is not exactly an old device. 

When will the SPL come out? (regretting not getting an iPad).

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets
Sorry, that's the only info that Samsung publishes. Is your tablet perchance LTE? If so contact your carrier.

Unfortunately we have no more insight into the release process than you do.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userfvnE6lFjnz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It's WIFI. Quarterly releases are supposed to be every 3 months - once per quarter (ok...  3 1/2 mos even), but the lack of communication from Samsung isn't ok. Samsung Support had no information either - their suggestion was to press the "Check for Update" under About ;).

0 Likes
userT9ikAZkhRq
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Samsung has to do better 😞 I want to buy Samsung products but they run weeks behind Android updates compared to Pixel. I mean there are a variety of reasons and I get that, but at the end of the day, security updates needs to be timely and regular. 

0 Likes
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I agree @userfvnE6IFjnz, I posted my "thanks, good to know " response on March 26th and thought for sure that we would've received a security update by now!! This is absurd and now I'm beginning to understand why a vast majority of my family and friends will not give up their Apple products for Samsung. Apple faithfully provides security updates to their customers. They aren't left vulnerable to attacks as we are!
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Just so you know, this is a user community forum and Samsung hardly swings by.

I have not seen many folks complaining about the Tab S7 update so it could be that something in your tablet is inhibiting the update.

try:

-Booting to safe mode and then checking for the update.

-Wiping the cache partition

• - If your device is powered on, turn it off completely
  • - Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power key
  • - Once the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device enters the recovery mode.
  • - Using the Volume Down key, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then press the Power key to select it.
  • - Highlight Yes, and press the Power key again.
  • - Navigate to Reboot and press the Power key to reboot your device.

Bill
---
0 Likes