JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra Unable to Register Fingerprint

(Topic created: 08-10-2023 04:23 PM)
salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I received my Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra today and I am trying to set up the fingerprint it scans my fingerprint till it reaches 49% then it says couldn't register your fingerprint 

Rhea98
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I finally got mine to take a fingerprint. It wouldn't take my thumb, but did take my index finger (and it works to unlock). I have difficult (old, too) fingerprints, but they work/have worked easily with my Pixel devices. Just for the heck of it, I turned off wifi and BT. Then I recorded my attempts on the S9 with my S8 tablet. Most of the time, it stopped at 31% -- after two failed green rings. I attempted the thumb at least 6 times. I was on the index finger 2nd time when it actually went through. 

0 Likes
Knytmre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I guess I should have researched this first. I just sent in a report for this same reason. 49% then I get the pop up. No protector, no lotion, finger not wet, ect. I got up to 63% @One time.. thought I was going to get it this time but NO! 49% is definitely the stopping point on average. Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra. OK Samsung... let's get this fixed.
Rhea98
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Sorry this is happening to you, too, but I'm glad to see another report. Even though I got mine to work, it doesn't work the way it should. Going to report on Samsung right now.

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Do you have other devices with the under screen ultrasonic fingerprint scanner?  Reading the forums here, there are some people that it just doesn't work well for. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I do have a galaxy S22 plus and galaxy S23 ultra and they both work fine
0 Likes
Solution
Members_EgBtIfs
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I was experiencing the same issue when attempting to register a fingerprint.  Then I tried rolling my finger on the sensor each time I was prompted as if being fingerprinted and it worked!  I think the solution is rolling your finger.  Good luck!

Alvin

salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I tried that with my index finger and it worked but not with my thumb so it's better than nothing Thank you
Rhea98
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I tried that, also; thanks for the suggestion.

Knytmre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Well I'll be monkey pissin'headon going 60mph into the wind
That rolly thing worked. Thanks @salahmufeed.
@usernmsdvn97en_...you need to fix this. Just cause there's a work-a-round doesn't let you off the hook.
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I think you may have tagged the wrong user the second @. 😛