Original topic:

How long do repairs take?

(Topic created: yesterday)
H2osw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I sent my tab s8 ultra for a screen repair. It was recieved on October 1st. Samsung claims it was received on October 4th. When I speak to support they say there hasn't been an update since the 4th. They've been looking into it for a week. Im not sure how long a non warranty repair typically takes. Has anyone had an experience where a repair took a couple of weeks?
0 Likes
13 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets
Don't know exact times but generally it's like a 2 week or less some from sending in to getting it back
0 Likes
LordVako
Comet
Options
Tablets
Why did you even send it? It's a same day fix if you have insurance. I never send mine, I make an appointment they tell me the ubreakifix store close to me and I get it done same day a couple hours, if I can't go I ask for them to come to me. They come and do it in a couple hours šŸ¤·
0 Likes
H2osw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I dont have a ubreakifix near me. No insurance.
0 Likes
LordVako
Comet
Options
Tablets
Ouch, insurance is just 5 USD a month pal, it's worth it. Ubreakifix is just one store, you can do it at an att if you use it or Verizon. They do same day with appointments. Thing is never send it, not worth it
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets
Samsung reps will tell you to goto nearest store or send it in if under warranty
0 Likes
LordVako
Comet
Options
Tablets
Yes nearest store rep. You don't need to call Samsung, you call your carrier. If you send it, it takes ages, if you make an appointment it takes hours
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets
That would be the carrier insurance which name varies by carrier but any warranty repair wouldn't be done the same be a different repair process
0 Likes
LordVako
Comet
Options
Tablets
Warranty is through the carrier not through Samsung unless you bought your phone unlocked straight from Samsung. If you have a phone through a carrier Samsung has nothing to do with that. šŸ¤¦
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets
Not correct third party insurance not the warranty by Samsung or any manufacturer you get with purchase slight difference
0 Likes