JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to get rid of Four Square in Calendar?

(Topic created: 01-05-2023 06:40 AM)
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets

I wanted Calendar to work like it used to do, give me a map of where I want to go for appointments. I don't want Four Square, I want Google maps for that. Each time I put in an address, the calendar wants Four Square permission. How can I get Google Maps to come up instead?

Looks like this has been an ongoing problem since the Note 9 phone. 
Wondering why Google and Samsung haven't given us a choice yet. 

8 Replies
Solution
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Tablets
Your best bet is probably to just use google calander as your default calander instead, since it will default to Google services. You can sync both your Samsung and Google clsanders so both will have everything, just make the events in Google calander.
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
Google Calendar seems to be working ok for that. Thanks. 👍
I still wish that Samsung would get rid of that Four Square. 😠
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Tablets
Yeah, it can be a bit frustrating. If this solves your problem, remember to accept it as a solution
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
Odd thing is, when I type in the address of the event, the page is blank. Only after saving, then the map shows up when I tap on location. 20230105_093559.jpg
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Try

Settings
Apps
Maps
Permissions
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
It is set that way already. Thanks anyway.
0 Likes
Bluephoenix356
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I went to my calendar and clicked the three lines in the upper let corner. Click the down arrow under "my phone" then unlock the dot next to "my calendars" After doing this I'm able to use Google maps again, finally!

CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
So were you turning off "My Calendars" for the My Phone section? If so, it's set to On right now.
0 Likes