JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to make SDcard default storage on Tab A8, Android 13, UI 5.1.1

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 08:44 AM)
Members_qrlBhqV
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Online instructions do not match behavior of the tablet. There is no "format as internal storage" or "advanced" option in settings. Any ideas?

7 Replies
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Click settings, then battery and device care, then storage, swipe internal storage from right to left, press on 3 dots and format, and select as internal storage, there will be a bunch of files generated, after this it will "move radio button" on the files you want to transfer from internal storage to SD card. Can also set up in apps like cameras, etc, to save to SD Card.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
Members_qrlBhqV
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Unfortunately, as I said originally, there is no "format as internal storage". The only option offered is "format". Earlier versions may have had that option (I can't check), but UI 5.1.1 with Android 13 does not.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

That feature is not available on most Samsung tablets.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Members_qrlBhqV
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The feature has been reported and described in detail online for the A8, including in the manual provided by Samsung. The issue is that the description must be for an earlier version of the UI and/or Android as the current (latest) version does not match the description.

If "format as internal" is not available, how do I make the SDcard the default storage location? Are you implying that the only way to use it is to manually copy files periodically? That would almost negate the value of having an SDcard.

Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets
Format as internal and default storage are two different things. Format as internal is no longer supported. Default storage is usually configured per app. For instance Camera->Settings->Storage Location->Select SD card will save all photos and videos to the SD card.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Members_qrlBhqV
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Would it be unrealistic to expect Samsung to update their manual? Was this change announced somewhere?

bill-e
Options
Tablets

All I can suggest is to open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

Bill
---
0 Likes