JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messenger galaxy s8 plus 5g

(Topic created: 01-17-2023 10:28 AM)
Members_cRXMSwN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Galaxy Tab S8 Plus 5G.jpgI have a Galaxy S8 Plus 5G and I don't want to use Google messenger. I want to use the same messenger as I use on my  Galaxy z flip3. I tried downloading Samsung Messages from the Galaxy Store but I cannot get it to install on my S8. How do I get my S8 Plus 5g to send and receive the same messages that I receive on my Z Flip 3?

7 Replies
usermVhBONuz1K
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I'm confused, the galaxy S8 plus doesn't come with 5g so what are you talking about.
0 Likes
Members_cRXMSwN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Check your facts, I purchased mine two weeks ago.

Your statement had nothing to do with the question.

0 Likes
Members_cRXMSwN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

See my photo.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Members_cRXMSwN Are you referring to a tablet? The Samsung Tab S8+ 5G? 

0 Likes
Members_cRXMSwN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yes

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I use Samsung Messages on my S21U and Verizon Messages in my WiFi Tab S8U

You will have to install Verizon Messages on both devices, make it default on the phone and then get the tablet connected.  Once the tablet is connected, you can make Samsung Messages default on the Z Flip.  While Verizon is my carrier, it's supposed to work with any carrier. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Members_cRXMSwN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Alas, Someone who knows the products and has a useful answer not someone who doesn't know the product with useless answers.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes