JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple KeyStrokes Tab s8+ and now Tabs10+

(Topic created: Monday)
BK0106
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Recently my Tab S8+ was producing multiple keystrokes from using my phycial keyboard. Eg, I press the letter "r" and on screen "rrr" would appear. This would happen for all keys, including space, etc.

I went to Samsung and thought it was the Keyboard as the problem - unforunately I was unable to buy a new keyboard for my Tab S8+.

Picked up the new Tab s10+ today - fantastic - however not long after using the Tablet, unbelievably, the same issue arose. Called Samsung Support.

We worked through various trouble shooting to no avail. Whilst on hold, I saw some similar postings online with people resetting the "Accessibility" function in settings.

Whilst in Accessibility settings, I saw that my NetGear Armour was listed and running. I stopped it from running and problem now fixed! - thanks to Samsung Support for attempting to fix the issue but seems it was a software clash between NetGear and the operating system. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BK0106
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I solved the issue - it was NetGear Armour - I disabled the application and have now uninstalled it. Physical keyboard works 100%.

View solution in context

2 Replies
azerith
Halo
Options
Tablets
So if it's only doing it when you use the keyboard then most likely sadly it is definitely the keyboard. To be fair I actually had a lot of problems with many Bluetooth keyboards they're very sensitive and the way that I would fix this is at least this was years ago I would just tap whatever letter or space really like I'm talking fast like a super quick tiny light pick but that became pointless to me because it didn't feel like a keyboard so I quit using them. Now if you can find a keyboard that might plug in directly to the tablet via the USBC port think like how keyboards plug into a computer you may not have this problem. The reason why I say you may not have this problem is because I've never tested this theory because when I had this issue I just quit using keyboards all together. I try to stick to the on screen keyboard the one that pops up I just think it's more natural and it works I use a tab S9.
0 Likes
Solution
BK0106
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I solved the issue - it was NetGear Armour - I disabled the application and have now uninstalled it. Physical keyboard works 100%.