JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 Ultra keyboard book cover - multiple keystrokes

(Topic created: 10-03-2023 06:32 PM)
ccgreen
Constellation
Options
Tablets

The keyboard book cover for my tab ultra has issues, each keypress will send the same character 2-4 times instead of 1.

This can be temporarily fixed by toggling whether the touchpad is turned on (Fn + Space) but since this issue occurs every paragraph or two this isn't a good long term solution.

Is there any fix for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userXJfnEITvzO
Constellation
Options
Tablets

booting into safe mode seems to fix this issue, I am not taking it into a center as they cannot resolve issues with software. I believe some API is being accessed by   aa   3rd   party application causing these issue...  I  tested it  with Safe Mode for over 10 mins without issues happening once and this  is    since   restarting....  I will look at persistent apps running background and if I find a culprit I will respond to this thread as it would be helpful too  have  this  information on  the  internet...

Problem solved: Reset accessibility settings, that apparently did the trick. I saw others resetting their entire tablets which is ridiculous and not a real solution to anything other than giving up lol. It appears that the issue seems to be related to one of a few apps I had, I had the google read aloud function on as well as speech to text accessibility. I'm not sure what did it but some accessibility feature caused this problem to occur. I ended up disabling the "suggestions" and such in the Samsung keyboard menu but will likely re-enable those based on my preferences but it seems that the issue has been resolved with resetting of accessibility settings so hope this helps someone out there!!! I'm glad I figured it out after 4 or 5 hours X_X

View solution in context

11 Replies
ccgreen
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Update: toggling the touchpad no longer seems to help, so likely it was more coincidence than anything else, issue is now just intermittent.

userbV1Q6aEnRK
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm having the same issues

bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Play with the Slow Keys and Bounce Keys settings under Settings->Accessability->Interaction and dexterity

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
akisuerafael
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I am having the same issue. Suddenly it seems that the keyboard disconnect from the tablet for a second, but its is enough to pop up the virtual keyboard and stroke 7 times the last ky I pressed before the glitch. Any answer from Samsung? I also got a S9 Ultra, and it seems that it is the only model that present the issue. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

This is a user supported forum.  If you want answers from Samsung, Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
akisuerafael
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the reply. I was already asked to do the above mentioned procedures by samsung support. However there was no reply. I posted my problem here to see if anyone had the same issue and if someone from support had issued other instructions. I've taken the tablet to samsung support center facility twice. No error was found. It's very frustrating due to the price we paid for the product. I am from Brazil, so clearly it is a global problem. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

This is a user supported forum for USA products.  While you may get suggestions from other users, Samsung USA will point you to the Samsung office serving your region for support. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
userXJfnEITvzO
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I tooooo,,,    eexxppeerriieennccee  thhiiss,,  hheerree  iiss  aaann  example post using the keyboard where the strokes will work fine and then randomly begin to "missfffiiiirrree"""""  aass  tthheeyy aarree  ddooiinngg  dduurrriinngg   mme typing right now. I believe this is a software issue that can be addressed through   uuppddddaaaattee   aaanndd  tthhaattt  iiss    ddeeeppeennnddeennttt on samsung acknowledging the issue. I'm posting here to verify this is still a problemm  wwttiihh  tthhee  llaatteeeessttt  ssooffttwwaaarree  tttooo  daaattee... using a Tab S9 Ultra with Samsung Keyyybboooaarrrddd   ccccooovvvveerr....

III   wwouullldd  lliike to add that restarting does not help the issue.

I think it's important that Samsung address this either through patccch   oorr   fffeeeeeddbbaaacckk  ffoorr  wwwaaayyss  ttoo  aadddress this problem.

bbbtttww    I have bounce keys on/off same behavior regardless, just cuts down on the repeatiinngg  kkeeyyssssttrroookkkeesss

this also persists even if I use clean microfiber and isopropyl alcohol 70%%%%////3333000%%   wwwater. It's absolutely clean without any   iinndddiiccaaattiioonn  ooff  ddaammaaaggee  oorrr  mmooiistture /remaining wash and still performs this way. III  aaamm  cceerrttaaiiinn ttthhiiss  iiss  aa  ffoollllloooww  uupp  tto address this but also exists on other tablets as well. I also have this tabbllett  oonn  aa   ffflllaatt  ssuurrfffaace for holding tablets yet this still occurs. II  ammm  pproovvviiddiinngg tthhiiss   innffooorrmmaattiioonn  aass  uuullttiimmaatteelly   tthhis is the only way to put pressure on samsung to address this issue with the Tab S9  Ultra keyboard repeating issue

bill-e
Options
Tablets

Both the keyboard and tablet are still under warranty so I suggest that you bring it in to a Ubreakfix for warranty repair. 

Bill
---
0 Likes