Original topic:

Nest camera video playback and live video do not play after ui 6 update on Samsung Tab A8

(Topic created: 03-30-2024 11:37 AM)
HanaHoku
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

After the recent Ui 6 update (Mar 24, 2024) on my Samsung Tab A8, the Nest camera live video and video playback do not play.  I only get a still screen of the last image with no motion.  This happens on the Nest app, the Google Home app as well as when connected thru the internet website and  ONLY on the Tab A8 after the Ui 6 update.  The Nest camera video works on my home laptop as well as my Samsung S 10+ phone which is not Ui 6.  

I have reinstalled apps, restarted the Tab A8 and reset my WiFi.  Again, this issue is only on the Samsung Tab A8.  Both mine and my wife's Tab A8 have this issue.

12 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Send a bug report to Nest as they will have to fix this. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
titu5
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hey Bill, this answer sucks. 

bill-e
Options
Tablets

Sorry, but it's the right answer. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
HanaHoku
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Contacted Nest help. They circled around and suggested the issue is with Samsung.  I blame the Ui 6 update which was installed by Samsung.  Everything worked well before the Ui 6 update and because the products work on other Samsung non Ui 6 devices.   I would like to roll back to the old Ui if that is possible as I see no advantage with this new Ui 6 installed if there is no  technical solution to fix this issue.  Also, interested to know if others are having issues with video camera systems, Google Nest or others after the Ui 6 update on any devices.

I then contacted Samsung Support.  Samsung service reps are blaming it on Google and Google reps blaming it on Samsung.  To me this is certainly a Ui 6 update issue based on the Nest and Google Home apps working before Ui 6 update and also working on all my other devices that are not Ui 6.  I expect there was a change in a Codec or other software code in UI 6 that is causing no Nest camera video motion/playback on Tab A8, but this will require a smart tech at Samsung to figure it out.

bill-e
Options
Tablets

Doesn't matter what broke it, the only entity with the application source code is Nest so they're the only ones who can fix it. 

Bill
---
Members_rIMW6Em
Constellation
Options
Tablets

It happened to my Samsung tablets right after the UI update. The video just displays a still image but the sound is still Live. I've reinstalled the Nest apps but that didn't work. No issues on my Samsung phones...so definitely an issue with the latest update on tablets. 

HanaHoku
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Same. Sound plays, but not video
roxiie1
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same here!

0 Likes
roxiie1
Constellation
Options
Tablets

When are they going to fix this issue on the Samsung tablets? When is the next update?

0 Likes