JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S6 lite S Pen does not display air gestures

(Topic created: 10-14-2022 01:10 AM)
user3UMj0fMIfd
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Just bought a s6 lite with the spen. I have the galaxy ultra and noticed that my spen on the s6 lite doesn't display the battery or air gestures. I click on air gestures and it says connect a spen. The spen it came with works but not sure if that's normal. All the stuff I look at shows you can disconnect the spen it comes with to "reset" it. But I can't since the s6 lite says there is no s pen connected. Not sure if this is a known issue or normal. I have rest the tablet and even exchanged it for a new one and still the same problem. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help is welcomed thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@user3UMj0fMIfd That is to be expected since the Tab S6 Lite's S Pen does not have bluetooth. So there are no air gestures and no battery. It is like the pre-Note 9 S Pen. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@user3UMj0fMIfd That is to be expected since the Tab S6 Lite's S Pen does not have bluetooth. So there are no air gestures and no battery. It is like the pre-Note 9 S Pen. 

user3UMj0fMIfd
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
@LongHiker not all heros wear capes. Thank you I was going mad trying to figure out what was wrong. I appreciate it!
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The S-Pen lite does not support, or come with an S-Pen with Bluetooth functionality. 

I that is important to you, your only option would be the $99 S-Pen Pro which is USB charged. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
user3UMj0fMIfd
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
It was more of a matter to me that the device is working properly or not. But good to know I have the option of s-pen pro
0 Likes