JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 Ultra keyboard book cover - multiple keystrokes

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 08:53 PM)
ccgreen
Constellation
Options
Tablets

The keyboard book cover for my tab ultra has issues, each keypress will send the same character 2-4 times instead of 1.

This can be temporarily fixed by toggling whether the touchpad is turned on (Fn + Space) but since this issue occurs every paragraph or two this isn't a good long term solution.

Is there any fix for this?

11 Replies
Solution
userXJfnEITvzO
Constellation
Options
Tablets

booting into safe mode seems to fix this issue, I am not taking it into a center as they cannot resolve issues with software. I believe some API is being accessed by   aa   3rd   party application causing these issue...  I  tested it  with Safe Mode for over 10 mins without issues happening once and this  is    since   restarting....  I will look at persistent apps running background and if I find a culprit I will respond to this thread as it would be helpful too  have  this  information on  the  internet...

Problem solved: Reset accessibility settings, that apparently did the trick. I saw others resetting their entire tablets which is ridiculous and not a real solution to anything other than giving up lol. It appears that the issue seems to be related to one of a few apps I had, I had the google read aloud function on as well as speech to text accessibility. I'm not sure what did it but some accessibility feature caused this problem to occur. I ended up disabling the "suggestions" and such in the Samsung keyboard menu but will likely re-enable those based on my preferences but it seems that the issue has been resolved with resetting of accessibility settings so hope this helps someone out there!!! I'm glad I figured it out after 4 or 5 hours X_X

luscafontoura
Constellation
Options
Tablets

same issue here

0 Likes