Original topic:

Samsung tablets MUST have monthly security updates

(Topic created: 02-11-2024 07:10 AM)
TheFerret
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
First, I'm aware of the current update policy, and it's simply not acceptable. It is Feb 11, 2024 and my tablet is on the Nov 1st 2023 patch. Samsung tablets MUST have monthly security updates, just as the current phones, if they are to be taken seriously as a daily use productivity device and not just another over priced gadget. Even more so when you consider my Tab S9 Ultra retails for over $1,400 USD. Regardless of price, there is no practical reason why any current Samsung tablet shouldn't receive monthly security updates. 

Samsung, please take this feedback seriously and pass it along to the appropriate management and leadership groups. 
6 Replies
PghLei
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I agree , that's why I don't online shop on my tablet. I'm too nervous
kenalien
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Hear hear! Tab S6 hasn't had a security patch update since August 1, 2023 (as of February 16, 2024). Unacceptable.
userQFjmYwa6c6
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I concur. No update since November on my Tab S9 whereas my S21 plus is already on Feb security patch
geekee
Constellation
Options
Tablets

It is March 19, 2024 and my tablet S9 is on the Nov 1st 2023 patch.  I contacted Samsung and was informed that tablets are updated every 4 months.  This is unacceptable. 

Without tablet security patches, I must use my S23 or have a laptop for financial transactions.  I mean, basically, my tablet S9 is now an expensive e-reader and streaming companion. 

TheFerret
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Per Samsung's own website, it says the Tab S9 should get quarterly updates - even though we all know it *should* get them monthly - as they are released. And quarterly is every 3 months. Not 4 months. Regardless, the tablet is now on a 5+ month old security update.

My Google and Apple devices have all had several updates since then. Heck, even my Pixel watch and Apple TV are updated way more frequently (about once a month). Ridiculous.

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
0 Likes
geekee
Constellation
Options
Tablets
"4 months" is a quote from Samsung US tech support over chat. I asked, and they refused to provide any reference for it. It is easy to find the critical android vulnerabilities with existing known exploits that are simply not getting patched on Samsung tablets. I don't understand why the industry press is not raking Samsung over the coals and telling users not to buy this device!?
0 Likes