Original topic:

Screen Time Out

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Mike Murphy
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello!,

I waited a length of time before leaving any feedback about my S8+ tablet.  While it is a beautiful tablet that allows me to do most anything, there is one feature that is absolutely atrocious, and has me thinking it is time to seek an alternative tablet.  I use my tablet for work and play and while doing so, the screen keeps turning off.  This gravely affects my work flow.  There are other discussions about this feature and the recommendation of downloading a new software that will keep the screen on.  I choose not to download any software for this concern, especially one that will display ads.  The keep screen on while charging in developer mode also does not work.  I understand the conservation of energy for the battery and electricity overall for those that walk away from a tablet left on and while I have not researched the Samsung tablets following the S8+, I hope Samsung will make a future change for those of use the utilize our tablets for work and not have our workflow interrupted by a screen timing out.

Regards,

Mike

3 Replies
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The reason for the timeout (ie: not having a "Never" option) has nothing to do with conserving energy, but rather the fact that the AMOLED displays are very sensitive to burn-in.  The "never" option was removed when the tablets began coming with AMOLED displays. 

As far as apps to keep the screen on, paying the minimal charge that most ask for to remove ads seems like a good deal but remember, if you have screens with objects that are visible all the time you may eventually get a ghost of that on your display. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Screen timeout? While you are using it?
0 Likes
Mike Murphy
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Yes, while using it.  For my purpose the tablet is used for data and observation.  Unless I tap the screen frequently, the screen goes dark and then turns off.  Sorry for the delay, I went out and purchased an Ipad Pro to replace my S8+.  I noticed at the store that the Ipad Pro has an AMOLED screen from the supplier Samsung Display's.  I purchased it anyway because I was shown the Autolock feature which keeps the screen on/awake, perfect for my use and application.  In any case, thank you for the responses. 

0 Likes