Original topic:

Support

(Topic created: Thursday)
toyota10
Halo
Options
Tablets
Galaxy tablet s6 lite hasn't had a security or software update since last year. My I pad which is 1 year older then galaxy tab gets regular security and softwareupdate on day of release. Why do samsung tablets and watches stop getting support after a year and once in a great while get a update sometimes almost av year after release
5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
You can try hooking it up to a computer with Smart switch to see if it will update.
Here are some ways to update the software on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite:

User-initiated update

From the home screen, tap the Menu Key, then Settings, About phone, Software updates, and Check for Updates. If an update is available, tap Download now. When the update is complete, tap Install update, and the device will restart. After restarting, a screen will appear confirming that the update is complete.

Smart Switch on a computer

Connect the Galaxy device to a computer with Smart Switch installed using the USB cable that came with the device. Some PCs may require a USB adapter. Open Smart Switch on the computer and allow it to detect the device. If an update is available, the Update button will appear. Click Update and follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

toyota10
Halo
Options
Tablets
It's up to date according to smart switch and Samsung itself. No one ui6.1 like the new ones and doesn't get security updates like it did when new
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It's on the Biannual update schedule.  It should be getting and update around 6 months from your last update (not from date of security patch as they nay be different.) 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Apple controls the entire process for software updates, while most oems have been relying on Qualcomm to support the chip.

Also, Apple pushes app updates through software updates so they push them out more frequently. Due to Android fragmentation most android software is updated through Google play services, this is why numbered updates for Apple so much feature packed then Android
0 Likes
toyota10
Halo
Options
Tablets
App updates for Apple are done through the app store. My issue is when samsung pushes a software update the newer device gets it first then the older it is, the longer you wait if your device is eligible at all. My galaxy tab s6 lite probably won't get android 15 one ui 7 but my I pad that's 1 year older will get ios 18 coming out in Sept and it'll get it the same time the newest devices get it
0 Likes