I bought an A7 back in September to use in my store. It didn't do what I wanted it to do exactly so I decided to just keep it for myself. Had a bunch of stuff to do around the holidays so I didn't get to mess with it until now. I charged it up and turned it on and it wont take my password. I tried many many times and nothing worked and it also never gave me an option to reset it. I tried to reset it on the find my device app but it wouldn't do it there either. It said find my device was not turned on even though I turned it on when I set it up. After searching I found an article that said I could factory reset it by holding the power and volume down button then switching to power and volume up button when the device went off. This doesn't work either. It never makes it to the reset menu. I've watched a thousand youtubes and read a thousand articles and nothing works. I've called support twice now and was told it must be a software problem, but I cant send it in to be repaired because it has to be reset before I send it in. so... Do I just have a $200 paperweight now?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I finally found a solution that works to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500. This is the device that will not work with the typical method which is to power off the tablet, then hold down volume up and power until the Android recovery screen comes on.
For the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500 do this:
1. Connect the tablet to a Windows PC with a USB cable while the PC and tablet are powered on
2. Hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the tablet powers off and you hear the disconnected device sound on the PC
3. Then let go of the volume down and then hold volume up while continuing to hold power
4. The Android Recovery screen load
5. Let go of the buttons
6. Press volume down multiple times to highlight Wipe data/factory reset
7. Then press the power button to select
The "the device restore screen" never appears. That's the whole problem. I've tried it over and over and over. I've even let the tablet's battery completely drain and the device turn off then recharged it and try again (twice) and it still doesn't work.
I have the same problem.
I lost my piçn so i cant shut down my galaxy tab so I let the tablet's battery completely drain and the device turn off then recharged it and try again and it still doesn't work.
I cannot acces to recovery mode by this. Someone find a solution ?
plug tablet into a computer, then try the keys. i got as far as the reset menu but then the reset still wouldn't work. interested to see if you have a diff outcome
EDIT: i chose "repair apps" and tablet was reset. did have to use google account formerly associated with device to log back in. from there was able to change screen lock
Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your tablet not resetting have you tried the following?
Ensure the device is powered off.
Press and hold the Power / Side and Volume Up buttons until the Android Recovery screen appears (about 10-15 seconds) then release both buttons.A blue screen with 'Installing system update' may display, followed by a screen with 'No command'; continue to wait until the recovery screen appears.
From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset
Use the Volume buttons to cycle through available options and the Power / Side button to select.The image below is an example.
Select Factory data resetAllow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.The image below is an example.
Select Reboot system nowThe image below is an example.Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty.- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.