JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab A7 will not factory reset

(Topic created: 06-26-2022 11:49 AM)
Richie_B
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I bought an A7 back in September to use in my store. It didn't do what I wanted it to do exactly so I decided to just keep it for myself. Had a bunch of stuff to do around the holidays so I didn't get to mess with it until now. I charged it up and turned it on and it wont take my password. I tried many many times and nothing worked and it also never gave me an option to reset it. I tried to reset it on the find my device app but it wouldn't do it there either. It said find my device was not turned on even though I turned it on when I set it up. After searching I found an article that said I could factory reset it by holding the power and volume down button then switching to power and volume up button when the device went off. This doesn't work either. It never makes it to the reset menu. I've watched a thousand youtubes and read a thousand articles and nothing works. I've called support twice now and was told it must be a software problem, but I cant send it in to be repaired because it has to be reset before I send it in. so... Do I just have a $200 paperweight now?

35 Replies
Critz
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
When device is off, just hold volume up , and power button until the device restore screen appears
Clear system partition, followed by factory reboot.
Richie_B
Constellation
Options
Tablets

The "the device restore screen" never appears. That's the whole problem. I've tried it over and over and over. I've even let the tablet's battery completely drain and the device turn off then recharged it and try again (twice) and it still doesn't work.

MrEdWoods
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

My problem is the same.  Will not factory reset after MANY attempts.

userHCxMW1mCEQ
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem.

I lost my piçn so i cant shut down my galaxy tab so I let the tablet's battery completely drain and the device turn off then recharged it and try again and it still doesn't work.

I cannot acces to recovery mode by this. Someone find a solution ?

Thanks

GenB
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Did you ever get this figured out
0 Likes
Critz
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Richie while the phones turned off are you pressing volume up and power or volume down and power, your phone might be volume down and power or another side button. I'd double check on the website hard reset.
0 Likes
userFvezGfVmAI
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

plug tablet into a computer, then try the keys. i got as far as the reset menu but then the reset still wouldn't work. interested to see if you have a diff outcome

EDIT: i chose "repair apps" and tablet was reset. did have to use google account formerly associated with device to log back in. from there was able to change screen lock

Mzann75
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I'm having that exact same issue. I've called Samsung numerous of times and I also went to Best Buy.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your tablet not resetting have you tried the following? 

• Ensure the device is powered off.
  • Press and hold the Power / Side and Volume Up buttons until the Android Recovery screen appears (about 10-15 seconds) then release both buttons.
    A blue screen with 'Installing system update' may display, followed by a screen with 'No command'; continue to wait until the recovery screen appears.
  • From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset 
    Use the Volume buttons to cycle through available options and the Power / Side button to select.
    The image below is an example.
  • Select Factory data reset 
    Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
  • Select Reboot system now 
    Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
    If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 
    - If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
    - If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
    - If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
    - If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.
0 Likes